Attention Android Users

chevysoldier

me no have those apps either. But now downloading TrustGo anti virus.

It's all hype anyway. It's difficult to run into and download an android virus.

But yes, somebody does, I'm sure.

Edited by ReconRat

Oh no, Symantec is reporting that you need to buy their antivirus shit for your Droid. Next thing you know the National Enquirer will be reporting about aliens! Seriously, if Symantec is your source you really should consider just ignoring it.

Lookout, Symantec's largest competitor on the Droid platform who also wants to sell their AV stuff is callling BS on Symantec's claim.

http://blog.mylookout.com/blog/2012/01/27/lookout%E2%80%99s-take-on-the-%E2%80%98apperhand%E2%80%99-sdk-aka-android-counterclank/

And now, even Symantec is calling BS on Symantec's claim.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/30/2759463/symantec-clarifies-android-counterclank-malware-claim-no-longer-calls

Tons of sources called BS on this the day it came out.

“Virus companies are playing on your fears to try to sell you BS protection software for Android, RIM, and, iOS,” DiBona said on Google+. “They are charlatans and scammers. If you work for a company selling virus protection for Android, RIM or iOS, you should be ashamed of yourself.”

Tons of sources called BS on this the day it came out.

Yea, everyone needs to remember Symantec is the same company that had their PCAnywhere source code stolen in 2006 and they never fixed the exposure until last week when it became public knowledge. We have one Symantec product left here, I have been killing them off pretty well. That last one will be gone end of Feb when I upgrade our email servers. We are still using them for email backups.

I've noticed Symantec's anti-virus programs to be resource hogs.

Back in the day, I loved Norton Utilities, and even their AV products were good, then they just became bloated pieces of crap. I've been running NOD32 for a few years now, and their AV product has been good for me. I think I've only had it find a few things in all that time, because I surf and download safely.

I've noticed Symantec's anti-virus programs to be resource hogs.

By definition Symantec's AV programs are a virus.

computer virus - a software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer

Keep telling yourself that. It might just come true. Maybe. Probably not.

Us Android users are not the ones posting threads about how other phones suck in an effort to make our phones look better than they actually are.

Us Android users are not the ones posting threads about how other phones suck in an effort to make our phones look better than they actually are.

Should we tally the anti-Android posts vs the anti-iPhone posts?

PS: This thread was posted by Chevy. Pretty sure he has an Android. :D

Should we tally the anti-Android posts vs the anti-iPhone posts?

Excellent idea, however I think it should be Anti-Droid vs Anti-Iphone topics started not posts. And please make sure you include usernames on who started them. I will bet a six pack at Fontana that YOU will be the lead topic starter in this category. ;)

PS: This thread was posted by Chevy. Pretty sure he has an Android. :D

Yes, but he didn't say anything about how shitty other phones are. You sir, are the one who took your pinky finger out of your butthole to post your anti-droid spooge. :monkeypoo::D