carry opinions

It'sMyRR

Thanks for the help' date=' my search continues! :)[/quote']

This thread did get a bit off topic huh. lol Best advice is to find people with the aforementioned firearms and test shoot them and if they'll let you, carry them for a couple days. Then you can really get a feel for them.

Bought the wife a S&W 642 hammerless, she likes it so far. I was pleasantly surprised it didn't kick harder since it is an air weight. Ankle carry is okay for BUG, but not primary. I've carried a BUG on my ankle it is actually convenient.

Nothing wrong with 40 or 45's some sissies can't handle anything more than their 9mm! :stirpot::lol:

638 is shrouded hammer. Gives you the option of cocking it and has a buttery hair trigger when cocked. Good smooth, predictable double action trigger otherwise. The hammer never gets snagged on the draw. Does get a little pocket lint in it occasionally, but goes bang no matter how dirty you get it.

I have this and an LC9. I carry the Smith 90% of the time.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0127-1.jpg

That shrouded hammer is a bit tough to pull back...don't think it's realistic in a situation but a nice feature.

I carry on the ankle sometimes. Figure if i'm on the ground crouched like i'm dying it'll be easy.

No. Unless they let you walk out in the parking lot and fire some off they don't have a range there.

They have a range there. You can go there pay I think 8 bucks and shoot. It is in the back of a semi trailer, but I know they have a range. Friends of mine took there ccw class and thats where they went to shoot.

For a pure drop in and carry gun, there is nothing better IMHO than a Ruger LCP. My sisters are both gonna get their CHL, and are very seriously looking at the LCP for their primary carry. When I am on my motorcycles, the LCP is always in my pocket...........

Blackwing in Delaware is probably only 40 minutes from you. Pretty sure they rent.

Blackwing had a Smith .38 (642, 442, don't recall) and a Ruger LCR w/the Crimson Trace grip a year ago - can always call them ((740) 363-7555) and ask.

For a pure drop in and carry gun, there is nothing better IMHO than a Ruger LCP. My sisters are both gonna get their CHL, and are very seriously looking at the LCP for their primary carry. When I am on my motorcycles, the LCP is always in my pocket...........

I prefer the s&w 380 or the Taurus TCP, but if your point is a pocket 380 I agree to an extent. The 5 rnds of 38 spl will have more takedown power than 6 rnds of 380 which is something to consider.