carry opinions

It'sMyRR

Its not just that. Everything is a compromise when it comes down to carrying a firearm. You need to look at your daily routine at every aspect all the way down to what you wear and what you drive when trying to decide on a carry combo. Are you a woman that wears business pants suits? Or are you more of a dress/skirt wearer. Do you carry a full size purse or a small clutch? All those questions lead to a different rout in gun and type of carry.

I know, I was just using that as an extreme. I don't think that point had really been hit on too much in the thread yet although I'm not gonna go back and check. You do have to decide on how, where and why. I totally agree with you.

Its not just that. Everything is a compromise when it comes down to carrying a firearm. You need to look at your daily routine at every aspect all the way down to what you wear and what you drive when trying to decide on a carry combo. Are you a woman that wears business pants suits? Or are you more of a dress/skirt wearer. Do you carry a full size purse or a small clutch? All those questions lead to a different rout in gun and type of carry.

Pick a caliber, pick a capacity number, pick a frame size, pick a design platform, pick a manufacturer, pick your sights, are you going to carry a light, how about a laser, how much is all of this going to weigh, carry with one in the chamber, ...

IWB, OWB, AIWB, shoulder (horizontal, vertical), cross draw, ankle, small of back, leather, kydex, tucked, untucked, dress up, dress down, summer or winter clothes, positive retention, ....

Don't worry without any experience I got this no problem.

So back on subject, buy more then one gun like the rest of us. LOL!

This is the only logical solution.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Pick a caliber, pick a capacity number, pick a frame size, pick a design platform, pick a manufacturer, pick your sights, are you going to carry a light, how about a laser, how much is all of this going to weigh, ...

IWB, OWB, AIWB, shoulder (horizontal, vertical), cross draw, ankle, small of back, leather, kydex, tucked, untucked, dress up, dress down, summer or winter clothes, ....

Don't worry without any experience I got this no problem.

That's kinda where I was going... it takes some people years and lots of different combinations of all that you said to get what really works for them. Its a big compromise.

I don't get the grip angle gripe? Its more natural of a pointer than my Smith is to me. And the steeper angle helps manage recoil IMO.

I have never felt a worse feeling gun in my hand "even the 4th gen", don't give a rats ass how natural it shoots or points........the grip sucks!!!!!!:mad:

• Upvote 1

I have never felt a worse feeling gun in my hand "even the 4th gen", don't give a rats ass how natural it shoots or points........the grip sucks!!!!!!:mad:

Then we shall continue the libel until you bend to the will of the Glock.

I have a Gen 4 Glock 23 and I am new to pistol shooting but it feels like the most natural grip and angle of any of the guns I looked at prior to my purchase. My hand wraps around it like it is a custom build and the grip angle draws the pistol on target. I love my Glock.

Now, stuffed in the case attached to one of the extra magazines was a little bottle of clear liquid labeled "Drink this before shooting". It tasted like peppermint and I now feel somewhat emotionally attached to my pistol.

Then we shall continue the libel until you bend to the will of the Glock.

Had a Gen III Glock 19, actually gave it to my son......so I am very familiar with them.;) The design is fabulous other than the grip and the unsupported chamber, well not fond of the plastic guide-rod either "that can be easily fixed". Just way too much hype with Glocks, and they are practically forced upon law enforcement and other divisions that keep us safe. There are as good and much better offerings out there for assault pistols, GLOCK has become a name synonymous with guns period. Of course the bad guys have given the reputation and popularity of the brand more than anything else, that is kinda hard to argue against IMHO. They are good guns, but far from the perfection they spew.:rolleyes: I shoot my XD and M&P allot better, and happen to like their overall designs much more.

I have a Gen 4 Glock 23 and I am new to pistol shooting but it feels like the most natural grip and angle of any of the guns I looked at prior to my purchase. My hand wraps around it like it is a custom build and the grip angle draws the pistol on target. I love my Glock.

Now, stuffed in the case attached to one of the extra magazines was a little bottle of clear liquid labeled "Drink this before shooting". It tasted like peppermint and I now feel somewhat emotionally attached to my pistol.

Your crazy..........you have been assimilated by the Glock Borg!!!!!:nono: You loved how my M&P felt, and I will bet you shoot it better than that Glock.

Edited by Pokey

...and I will bet you shoot it better than that Glock.

Took it to the range last week and initially I was dissappointed. It first appeared that I had hit the target only once in 50 rounds. On closer inspection it became obvious that all the rounds went through the same hole.

That's what usually happens. People get used to one type and find it hard to adapt to others. Happens a lot, kind of like cars.

That could be correct a lot of the time, but in my case I have about 60 rounds total with my Glock and 100 rounds total divided up between my brothers's Colt 40 and Pokey's M&Pc 40. The rest of my pistol time is with my Ruger MKIII 22/45. The Glock comes up on target easier than any of those 3 pistols.

I think the 340 is kind of a waste. The .357 in that small, light gun is not enjoyable to shoot at all. The 442 is much cheaper and will still shoot +P (though it doesn't seem to care for it much). The 442 is really light and really skinny.

You gtfo right now! :mad:

Not to worry. I go in phases. I'm sure I'll overthink the "ZOMG, I only have 8rnds!" thing and carry the Glock again. I've started getting some decent holsters and bought a proper DeSantis belt today. Crossbreed is on its way and I'm exploring some other carry options.