Rotr 2012

hollywood3586

headliners suck again as whats been the norm the last 3 years

the side stage bands however I'll give a B grade

I'm interested in seeing Mastadon, Volbeat and Trivium and maybe 5FDP for a 4th time it would be awesome if All That Remains was there again or Static X

*Incubus is the only headliner I'd actually want to see.

*Shinedown is one of the worst live bands I've ever seen and thats been 3 times. Twice before they sold out and made shitty music

*I love Five Finger Death Punch. Never heard of them til I was at ROTR 4 years ago and they put on an amazing live show I thought

*Others I want to see: Chevelle, Theory of a Deadman, Halestorm, Escape the Fate, P.O.D, Adelitas Way, Cavo, Blackstone Cherry, Falling in Reverse and 12 Stones. I've never seen any of them live except TOAD.

The rest to me is garbage, Slash solo intrigues me but after what he did at the Super Bowl last year I refuse to support him outside of G'N'R

We have our camping packages again this year. Not that impressed with the lineup. I really expected to see Soundgarden, Van Halen, Stone Sour, Slipnot or something. I'm not really that pumped this year.

Bands I am excited to see again:

Rob Zombie

Shinedown

5 Finger

Megadeath

Theory of a Deadman

Volbeat

Black Stone Cherry

Halestorm

Trivium

I may have a couple weekend field passes to sell if my buds back out. I'll post up here if so.

On a side note, the band that my son is playing in (Fear the Fallen) will be opening up for Downplay at the Newport Saturday. Should be a great night! Love the Newport.

Edited by Ron505

Not impressed with the lineup. I went last year one day to see the bands I wanted. Prolly wont go this year unless I can get cheap tickets again. Ive been wanting to see Trivium again but not at this type of venue. A few that Bad mentioned I wouldnt mind seeing but again not impressed with the sound and crowds at these type of concerts.

Last year though, Hollywood Undead and ADTR killed it and sounded amazing on a side stage.

Not impressed with the lineup. I went last year one day to see the bands I wanted. Prolly wont go this year unless I can get cheap tickets again. Ive been wanting to see Trivium again but not at this type of venue. A few that Bad mentioned I wouldnt mind seeing but again not impressed with the sound and crowds at these type of concerts.

Last year though, Hollywood Undead and ADTR killed it and sounded amazing on a side stage.

the only reason I even contemplated going was for ADTR and 2 other bands but it wasn't worth it. The older I get the more these festival concerts piss me off

Side stages definitely sound better. I would not even go to the mainstage if I had to sit in the stands.....it's TERRIBLE up there. You must be on the field if you want to listen to anyone on the main stage.

**Shinedown is one of the worst live bands I've ever seen and thats been 3 times. Twice before they sold out and made shitty music

I've seen Shinedown 3 times and they were pretty good. Twice at the House of Blues 3 or 4 years ago and once at Tower City. I was shithoused by the time they got on stage each time so maybe they were terrible and I just couldn't tell.

I was gonna go but overall I'm not impressed by this lineup. No Korn or Avenged Sevenfold which is disappointing. 5FDP is awesome live but there aren't enough bands that I like to make it worth dealing with all the bullshit that comes with a festival like this

I've seen Shinedown 3 times and they were pretty good. Twice at the House of Blues 3 or 4 years ago and once at Tower City. I was shithoused by the time they got on stage each time so maybe they were terrible and I just couldn't tell.

Venue might also make a difference. I saw them in 04 twice, once they opened for Fuel in the streets of downtown Cinci and the other time they were the "We appreciate ripping you off for tuition so heres a free concert" band UC has every year. The first time they were ok, but the 2nd time I was shitfaced as well and they were terrible. I think they were all fucked up too cuz nothing seemed to go right.

The third time was at ROTR after like the 3rd album came out and they went all mainstream with shitty music. I hated them by then combined with being in the stands while they were on the main stage could've attributed to my thoughts

Venue might also make a difference. I saw them in 04 twice, once they opened for Fuel in the streets of downtown Cinci and the other time they were the "We appreciate ripping you off for tuition so heres a free concert" band UC has every year. The first time they were ok, but the 2nd time I was shitfaced as well and they were terrible. I think they were all fucked up too cuz nothing seemed to go right.

The third time was at ROTR after like the 3rd album came out and they went all mainstream with shitty music. I hated them by then combined with being in the stands while they were on the main stage could've attributed to my thoughts

Makes sense. If it's a free concert they don't have much incentive to put on a great show. And sitting in the stands in a stadium/arena sucks...floor is the only way to go

Yeah shined own has fallen IMO

I was at the ROTR they were at but I went to the Saturday show and they played on Sunday I went only to see Static X, ATR, Korn, and Slipknot. Got to see Atreyu but they SUCK live. Also agree again with the stadium seats. Me and friend sat in em during Korn for a break before Slipknot then found out you needed armbands to get on the field, went savaging and found 2 broken bands after Atreyu went to a vendor and asked for some tape then walked on the field still have the band :lol:

I may not be that happy with the lineup but it's a fun weekend (only weekend of the year) that I'm kid-less. I just love being able to drink for four days in a row and not have any consequences. :) being on the floor all weekend is the only way to go. The experience is what I love.

• 3 months later...

Interested in megadeth, anthrax and down. Possibly mastadon I have not made my mind up yet weather I like them or not.

Would really rateher see thse bands in a small venue way to many asshats at a festival for my liking.

The other bands don't do much for me.

We've got 2 weekend field passes for sale if anyone is interested. Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, and free t-shirts with them. We are holding out for a little more money though. Trying to help fund the camper we are renting and some of the alcohol that will be consumed.

Give me a shout if you're interested at rrohr505 at yahoo dot com

I'll be there. Not too pumped on the lineup. If I survive long enough to see Volbeat on Sunday I'll consider that a success.

I may have an extra weekend field ticket if anyone wants to pay anywhere close to what it cost me.

Meg, I think I hate big outdoor festival shows now. Something about a huge herd of stoned, drink idiots and overpriced everything.

i know right? I must be getting old :lol: