Columbus Members: Come support a good cause!

APCh8r

I need the help of some of the Columbus members with a fundraiser I am putting on.

For those of you that do not know, I am in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Ohio University. I am the Vice President of an organization called Four Play! Quad Rugby, and we host an annual event to raise awareness and money for the only semi-pro quadriplegic team in Ohio, The Ohio Buckeye Blitz. The team is self funded and can be very expensive, with the cost of 1 wheelchair cost $5000.

Quad Rugby is a wheelchair sport, mainly consisting of individuals that have suffered from a spinal cord injury. For some of you that don't recognize the name of it, you might of heard it called "Murder Ball" in the past.

In order to help the team out as much as possible we have been seeking out multiple fundraisers events, and will be hosting one at Max & Erma's in Dublin, OH on Thursday, February 23, 2012. All I need from you guys is to try and take the time out of your busy schedule and try and go there for lunch or dinner and present the flyer I have attached. Max & Erma's has been generous enough to donate 20% of each customers bill that presents this flyer to our cause.

FLYER - http://www.ohio.edu/orgs/quadrugby/images/Max%20and%20Erma%27s%20Flyer%20Ohio%27s%20Quadraplegic%20Rugby%20Team.pdf

If anyone is interested in knowing more about our event, and potentially coming down to participate feel free to check out our website: http://www.ohio.edu/orgs/quadrugby/

426277_253752938032796_249611218446968_557727_980332149_n.jpg

Here is a video from last years event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfpNeVAZ3xA&feature=player_embedded

Edited by APCh8r

REMINDER:

Today is the fundraiser at Max & Erma's at the Dublin, OH location. I hope that you guys can take the time to fit this in your schedule and go by and eat lunch or dinner to support the cause. MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OFF THE FLYER AND TAKE IT WITH YOU!!

Thanks for your support for those of you that can make it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you that were able to make it out and support the event. We were able to raise $300 from our Max & Ermas event, which helped us get toward our final total. We were able to raise over $9000 in monetary donations and $3000 worth of product from Kenda Tires and Cool Shirts for the event & team this year. It was a great time and I had a honor putting it on. Thanks everyone!