Officer tases handcuffed woman - now brain dead.

Scruit

You and I will get together...you with a tazer, and me with a police baton.

You tazer me first, and after I recover (just a few minutes), I'll hit you in the knee with the baton.

I'll bring you a beer in the hospital while they're rebuilding your knee and we'll discuss how each option worked.

Deal?

Ha!

so, after admitting that he would take you down first (negating your argument altogether), he's supposed to be stupid enough to just stand there, let you recover by not tazing you again, not take your baton, not restrain you and allow you to bash his knee all to prove you're right? jeezus, i dont even know the guy, but i'm pretty sure he's smarter than that.

way to think it through....are you going to hang him in the town square after he finishes his beer, too?

Ha!

so, after admitting that he would take you down first (negating your argument altogether), he's supposed to be stupid enough to just stand there, let you recover by not tazing you again, not take your baton, not restrain you and allow you to bash his knee all to prove you're right? jeezus, i dont even know the guy, but i'm pretty sure he's smarter than that.

way to think it through....are you going to hang him in the town square after he finishes his beer, too?

You missed the point by a mile. It is supposed to point out that you recover from a taser in seconds unless there is a freak accident. A baton blow usually results in bruises and ongoing pain and often results in the need for medical treatment and recovery after the fact.

This is not about two people literally facing off taser vs baton.

You missed the point by a mile. It is supposed to point out that you recover from a taser in seconds unless there is a freak accident. A baton blow usually results in bruises and ongoing pain and often results in the need for medical treatment and recovery after the fact.

This is not about two people literally facing off taser vs baton.

understood. call me too-quick-to-reply on that one. :o

however, and not for the sake of arguing, i think the original point was that, by definition, you cant account for a freak accident nor rule it out, whether for arguments sake or not. the tazer has no way of knowing the effects the jolt will have on the tazees nervous system, while a blow the knee doesnt hold the same potential, short of a blood clot to the heart, i guess. knowing the potential the shock could have, both neurologically and with regard to leaving the tazee rendered helpless and prone to gravity realted injury, i would say the argument is that it should be a last or near last resort; especially, in this case, since the perp was within arms length and poorly restrained.

understood. call me too-quick-to-reply on that one. :o

however, and not for the sake of arguing, i think the original point was that, by definition, you cant account for a freak accident nor rule it out, whether for arguments sake or not. the tazer has no way of knowing the effects the jolt will have on the tazees nervous system, while a blow the knee doesnt hold the same potential, short of a blood clot to the heart, i guess. knowing the potential the shock could have, both neurologically and with regard to leaving the tazee rendered helpless and prone to gravity realted injury, i would say the argument is that it should be a last or near last resort; especially, in this case, since the perp was within arms length and poorly restrained.

she was injured by the fall. it could happen with a baton too. crack to the knee with a baton will drop someone, especially a methed out 80lb woman

she was injured by the fall. it could happen with a baton too. crack to the knee with a baton will drop someone, especially a methed out 80lb woman

true, but she would still be conscience and able to break her fall even given the possiblility of falling backward. i think the most previous point, and i think a good one, is the possible effect of the voltage/amperage of the tazer on brain and heart function, which could never be known from perp to perp and seems to be played down due to the small magnitude of probability and no regard given to the possibility, which is more dangerous with regard to the well being of the not-yet-convicted felon.

true, but she would still be conscience and able to break her fall even given the possiblility of falling backward. i think the most previous point, and i think a good one, is the possible effect of the voltage/amperage of the tazer on brain and heart function, which could never be known from perp to perp and seems to be played down due to the small magnitude of probability and no regard given to the possibility, which is more dangerous with regard to the well being of the not-yet-convicted felon.

tasers are used on police officers in training more than they are on perps. i dont see police falling over dead. i disagree that the electricity is inherintly dangerous to an average healthy person. arguing for someone who is already in poor health cant be a valid argument, because you could make the same argument about tackling someone who has leukemia.

her injuries were not related to the voltage/amperage....so im not sure why that is your argument against tazers?

You have watched way to many hollywood movies. You do not lose conscience when you get hit with a taser.

Tasers interrupt voluntary muscle control. Someone who is taser will not lose consciousness as a result of the taser itself, and will not be able to reach out to break their fall.

Seems to me that your objections are based largely on a lack of knowledge of how tasers work.

Would there be the same controversy if the taser was painless?

Edited by Scruit

Probably a very good thing too.

Or you'd feel guilty.

Conscience = The little angel on your shoulder telling you to do good things.

Conscious = Awake

Lose consciousness = to become unaware of, and non-responsive to, your surroundings.

Lose conscience = Lose your moral compass

Or you'd feel guilty.

Conscience = The little angel on your shoulder telling you to do good things.

Conscious = Awake

Lose consciousness = to become unaware of, and non-responsive to, your surroundings.

Lose conscience = Lose your moral compass

Im a horrible speller, I just went with what was posted before me haha.

Somebody doesn't know much about how the effects from a tazer works, somebody may also enjoy hugging trees and is a proud member of PETA? If I am wrong I fully apologize.

People for the

Eating of

Tasty

Animals

I'M A MEMBER!

lol

alright, guys. clearly, the misuse of technical writing on my part while arguing my stance totally negates my point. lesson learned. i'll try to do better next time i have a differing opinion of the horde.

as you were....:cool:

As long as you have learned your lesson, that is all that matters.;)