Open carry event (maybe)

Tonik

If I was a business owner and came out to find static cling stickers on the front of my business, I'd be pissed. I'd rather you came to me personally instead of trying to "sneak one by me."

I don't think that's too good of an idea, not to mention possible legal repercussions for putting stuff on private property, and doubt OFCC would go for it. But, we'll see what OFCC says....

I'd agree with that. I wouldn't PETA stickers on my business and would seek to have them legally restrained from doing such.

Assuming the sign says No CONCEALED firearms and doesn't say NO FIREARMS.

You forgot option 3.

Open carry into the restaurant, walk up to counter, be polite, lplace order, receive order, sit at table or booth (your choice), eat, cleanup after yourself, throw trash away, place tray in appropriate place, walk out. Preferably hold door for someone if possible.

Or is it not possible to obey the sign that allegedly reads No CONCEALED firearms and still carry?

I get what you are saying, but what weight would that carry to get the sign removed?

I'm no lawyer, but is the picture alone enough to prohibit carry of any kind? I'd hope it could be beaten in court, but would be expensive regardless.

Real men ride twins

How about you post a pic of you actually accomplishing something that furthers our 2nd amendment rights. That is what this thread has been about. I am in a large group because that gets press, that reached into our own pockets to defend our, and your rights. And it in an amazing coincidence earlier today there was a final ruling on our case against Cleveland Heights. Our accomplishments are about to be front page news, and that news will impact your concealed carry rights throughout Ohio and finally make this individual cities toe the line on State Law.

Do you understand that if that pic had been in a CH park your ass could have been arrested without us doing what we did? Sure you would have beat it, 5 grand later in attorney fees that you would not have gotten back.

I can't believe you are mocking the people that have and are helping you.

Now I gotta respond to this. I commend you in the fact that you are an activist for a civil issue for which you obviously have a lot of passion. Most people just watch the world go by, but your protests regarding the weapons ban at public places is noteworthy and I support it.

But....The reason you started this thread was to create a gathering of people open carrying firearms at a private business open to the public purely because this business (which is also behaving fully within their legal rights) has posted the weapons aren't allowed on their property.

See, now this is where you start losing my support. If McDonalds doesn't want guns at their restaurant they are allowed to post such. IMO the proper response is not to create a protest such as the one your are suggesting. The proper response is to not eat a McDonalds, plain and simple. Or if you are that much in love with Big Macs leave your gun in the car, order a burger.

Do you not see the difference?

Eating McDonaldz is more dangerous than bad neighborhoods.

Really man, you seem somewhat intelligent why eat that shit?

Sort of topic, but this is actually a really good point. I can't help but notice when I go to gun events (shows, classes, range) the overall proportion of overweight gun owners. Even all the shows on the Outdoor Channel, all these gun guys talking about tactical this, tactical that, being prepared to protect your life, blah blah blah.

These guys are going to die from a fricking infarction long before they will ever have an opportunity to pull a pistol in anger.

I believe he said the sign reads no CONCEALED weapons so obviously they have no problems with open carry.

I believe fin, feather, and fur has a sign posted that basically doesn't allow open carry or it has to be unloaded. I guess I shouldn't CC there right?

Edited by crb

I believe he said the sign reads no CONCEALED weapons so obviously they have no problems with open carry.

I believe fin, feather, and fur has a sign posted that basically doesn't allow open carry or it has to be unloaded. I guess I shouldn't CC there right?

I have no fucking clue what FFF policy is. So why don't you get a bunch of guys together to all show up at once with your guns on your waists and then start picketing out front.

Or you could just ask them what their policy is, and then respect it.

• Upvote 1

Sort of topic, but this is actually a really good point. I can't help but notice when I go to gun events (shows, classes, range) the overall proportion of overweight gun owners. Even all the shows on the Outdoor Channel, all these gun guys talking about tactical this, tactical that, being prepared to protect your life, blah blah blah.

These guys are going to die from a fricking infarction long before they will ever have an opportunity to pull a pistol in anger.

no fancy medical terms are allowed in this thread :cool:

I have no fucking clue what FFF policy is. So why don't you get a bunch of guys together to all show up at once with your guns on your waists and then start picketing out front.

Or you could just ask them what their policy is, and then respect it.

Its a gunshop, fishing, camping, etc shop.

If McDonald's sign reads no CONCEALED firearms then obviously they allow firearms that are carried OPENLY! Right?

Am I missing something? :dunno: maybe you anti OC can't read English.

Edited by crb

Its a gunshop, fishing, camping, etc shop.

If McDonald's sign reads no CONCEALED firearms then obviously they allow firearms that are carried OPENLY! Right?

Am I missing something? :dunno: maybe you anti OC can't read English.

I know what FFF is, what I said is that I don't know what their personal firemarms policy is. You must of missed it, no worries. It was a long sentence.

I am quite certain that I'm not the one missing things in this conversation....infarction vs infraction and such. :rolleyes:

Not the one up here? I have open carried in there plenty of times. It is one of the only places I feel comfortable doing it in cleveland. They only ask that any loaded gun stay in your holster. Weather it be concealed or open. They only ask for guns that will be handled by their staff to be unloaded and checked.

Not the one up here? I have open carried in there plenty of times. It is one of the only places I feel comfortable doing it in cleveland. They only ask that any loaded gun stay in your holster. Weather it be concealed or open. They only ask for guns that will be handled by their staff to be unloaded and checked.

I have only been to the one in Ashland, OH. Maybe I misread the sign. I know it says something about CC being welcome.

ok, im done discussing if the OP should or shouldnt OC in and see what happens, as I would hope nothing.....

BUT, here is my question.

HAS THE OP CARRIED IN THERE YET, OR MADE CONTACT WITH THE OWNER OR MANAGER?

its been three days now, i think, plenty of time to DO SOMETHING, just curious :)

:feedtrolls:

and IJS :)

if it was posted earlier, sorry Im not looking that hard