F/S 2002 Yamaha FZ1

pieman

I've thought long and hard about getting an FZ1.

For those thinking about it - the first gen FZ1's have a better motor and suspension than the second gen, at the cost of having a (comfy) banana seat. IMO, they're analogous to an all-day comfort GSX-R 750 for practical purposes. And you can get a lower fairing for it if that's your thing.

Good looking, well-cared-for bike.

I've thought long and hard about getting an FZ1.

For those thinking about it - the first gen FZ1's have a better motor and suspension than the second gen, at the cost of having a (comfy) banana seat. IMO, they're analogous to an all-day comfort GSX-R 750 for practical purposes. And you can get a lower fairing for it if that's your thing.

Good looking, well-cared-for bike.

I will second everything mentioned here - The Gen1 FZ1 is probably the best all around motorcycle I've ever ridden. Not only can it do pretty much anything out of the box from a long distance tour to a CORE ride, but the aftermarket is there to make it even further into anything you want.

:lbts:

Nice bike! I'd love to have a FZ1. I have a FZ6. Does your bike have the Ivans jetting done?

Yes my bike has an Ivans jet kit. The guy before me put a kit on for the handle bars. He said it lowered them but it feels like I am sitting up more than any other sport bike I have ever ridden. Very comfortable.

He also put on a custom pipe. I didn't like it at first because it makes the bike quieter but I have grown to love it. Nothing better than sneaking up on and blowing past a busa. They always catch you but still fun to do.

Does the girl on page 7 of 7 of this album come with the bike?

No. Sadly the psychologist got her over her daddy issues and imigration taught her she can't be sold in America. :facepalm: Invested to much time and money on that one.

• Upvote 1

Yes my bike has an Ivans jet kit. The guy before me put a kit on for the handle bars. He said it lowered them but it feels like I am sitting up more than any other sport bike I have ever ridden. Very comfortable.

He also put on a custom pipe. I didn't like it at first because it makes the bike quieter but I have grown to love it. Nothing better than sneaking up on and blowing past a busa. They always catch you but still fun to do.

It has the GYTR risers (which actually lower it an inch or so from stock) and an MIVV carbon can with stainless midpipe.

Great bike and a blast to ride. Very easy to maneuver slow speeds, but get the r's up and it moves out! Kept up with me on an ST4!

FZ1 mucho faster & quicker in the twisties, can run a whole tank in one sit about 200mi. Good for one up travel. FJR great for two up, hauls gear like a semi. Can run 80 -100 all day on the slab, power wshield, adjustable fairing for heat. Both are the shit for S.T.