klr 650

speedytriple

Ok so I already asked the expert, just looking for some input on this bike. Looking to replace the dr-350 with a old school klr 650. I live to far away from any real dirt to buy a off road bike and the dr 350 is to small to do any real road riding on. Thinking of replacing it with a old klr to pull commuting duties. if I ever make it down to some light trails figure it would handle most of what the dr-350 would? What do you guys think worth looking at or junk.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/2878167657.html

Although that's a pretty one, it's pricey for a 16 year old bike with 20k miles. They sell new for a little over $5k . That being "said", I'd spend that $5k before $8k on a small GS.

Although that's a pretty one, it's pricey for a 16 year old bike with 20k miles. They sell new for a little over $5k . That being "said", I'd spend that $5k before $8k on a small GS.

I'd wanna know why the mile are so low. If it just sat in a garage with no love then yeah, offer $1500. But if it's a case of a guy with several bikes and time was shared between them for riding and normal maintenance then it could be worth every cent. The pre 08 KLRs are better.;)

Yeah that is the price I was gonna offer him. I need to contact the seller and see what the deal is with this bike. Like Buildit said if he owns more then one bike and it is a clean bike I would drop $1500+ on it. So who wants to pick my 1999 dr-350 up with 3700 miles of off road on it? Oh yeah it also sat for a long time and had to be torn down and rebuilt LOL! So I have been there already with a bike that saw storage.