Its windy as hell right now...

JStump

Look at the bike covers. They can act as a sail fill with wind and pull the bikes over. Happened to a guys gold wing at work. He didn't have it strapped down tight enough, filled with wind and pulled it off the centerstand. Just go lay it down now save yourself the trouble of it tipping over lol....

Just go lay it down now save yourself the trouble of it tipping over lol....

thats what I was thinking....lol

I used to put the headlights facing the wind like i was riding into whenever possible....take your bike cover off if you have one on there and you should be ok regardless...

I think they blamed the guys with the covers also. Would have sucked to have owned any of those bikes regardless. It was out at the MotoGP in Indy 2008 when the bad storms rolled through. This was the only pileup I took a picture of but there where bikes on the ground all over the place at that event.

Mykill, hope yours makes it till morning without any problems. Like others have said, if you can face it into the wind it is your best bet.

• Upvote 1

let the wind hit it from the front or rear;

If your gonna take it in the rear, make sure the bike is in gear. I have seen wind push a bike forward that was in neutral and cause the side stand to fold up. Dang if they don't still fall over at that point.

Mykill, hope yours makes it till morning without any problems.

Thanks for your concern but my bike should be sitting safe and secure next to its "clone" in SJC's garage :D

I left my old one out for about a month or so. I got tired of worrying about it and sprung for a garage.

If my place had garages I would have one. So I put the bike between 2 building, with it facing the wind and wrapped it in speaker wire to hold the cover tight. I think it should be good.