Kony2012

attentiongetter92

and directly from my facebook:

" from what I gather its something about Africa and for that I truly do not give a shit. The US can't take care of itself still so why should we care about some 3rd world continent that gives us nothing but AIDS?"

"for all of those who think this Kony thing is a big deal or that the US should get involved: Please take your happy suburban ass to Africa with YOUR money and don't come back until you've all "fixed" a perpetual 3rd world continent"

"There is only 1 way to save Africa in my mind...Factory Reset"

"Why call it murder? Why cant we call it population control. Some of these kids would be doing the country a favor by being forced to "control the population". It would be far more contribution to society than they were ever destined for

Boom just solved the welfare, unemployment and healtchare problems. I should run for President"

Edited by Bad324

wow....seen enough of this shit on fb....now come here and go figure, more people spamming about this shit....fail

I agree. Although I was surprised about it not showing up here earlier. I posted it here to remind myself that I'm not the only asshole who doesn't care about some Africans not getting there sammiches

Genocide in Uganda. They want to stop Joseph kony so someone else can replace him.

I see. Never heard of it till now, I guess because I don't care. Sooo... more info please. Is this a scam or valid. Is it a good cause but just something that will never accomplish anything? I ask because unlike my interactions with adults where I am fine with being a snarky fucktard, when it comes to my daughter I like to provide insight and productive conversation so if I am to tell her no on this I would like to provide a good reason to her and have her understand my reasoning.

I see. Never heard of it till now, I guess because I don't care. Sooo... more info please. Is this a scam or valid. Is it a good cause but just something that will never accomplish anything? I ask because unlike my interactions with adults where I am fine with being a snarky fucktard, when it comes to my daughter I like to provide insight and productive conversation so if I am to tell her no on this I would like to provide a good reason to her and have her understand my reasoning.

my moms reasoning with me was always "because im your parent and i said so".....:confused:

I see. Never heard of it till now, I guess because I don't care. Sooo... more info please. Is this a scam or valid. Is it a good cause but just something that will never accomplish anything?...

Looks like the "Action Kit" is a t-shirt, bracelet, "action guide" (whatevertf that is), some stickers, a button, and some posters. In other words, a ploy for some slick opportunist to make you and your money part ways.

...I ask because unlike my interactions with adults where I am fine with being a snarky fucktard, when it comes to my daughter I like to provide insight and productive conversation so if I am to tell her no on this I would like to provide a good reason to her and have her understand my reasoning.

Pretend (peanut butter) rep for you. :)

my moms reasoning with me was always "because im your parent and i said so".....:confused:

That way works, too... Always good for parents to have options. :lol:

The few minutes I've researched leads me to believe the company backing it had only used a small percentage of their money towards hunantarian movements. The rest is frittered away. Also they pick and choose the points that fit their agenda. Like the current govt also used children soldiers 20 years ago to gain power but they won't acknowledge that.

• Upvote 1

I liked your unedited comment better. Namely the Bloods and Crops reference. lol

Dammit man!

For the record, I firmly believe that we should pour money and love into all groups of unfortunate people regardless of race, color, creed, sexual preference, gang-thuggary, or unwillingness to move to where the food is. God bless us, every one.

Dammit man!

For the record, I firmly believe that we should pour money and love into all groups of unfortunate people regardless of race, color, creed, sexual preference, gang-thuggary, or unwillingness to move to where the food is. God bless us, every one.

I'm glad you think so. I for one refuse to be charitable except towards 3 causes: Boobs, Puppies and American Children with bright futures

Uganda is Rwanda is Zimbabwe is Somalia is Nigeria is Ivory Coast is Liberia (up til 2003), etc., etc.

The problems are inherent to the culture of most of the sub-Saharan African nations. Sure, every nation is a little different, but at the end of the day they seem to employ all the same tactics, children solders, morphing from resistance force to abandoning all rules and committing genocide and war crimes, etc. Throwing money at a dubious charity to "fix" this problem isn't going to do anything but make some dude in the US or Europe or wherever this thing is based richer while he tosses a small percentage of your donation at the "cause", just enough to remain labelled a charity, or get gobbled up by the first military force it finds and never find its way to the general populace. I offer up as an example the charity of Yele Haiti, the shenaniganry of which can be found here

You want to donate to a good charitable organization? Go to donorschoose.org, help out some kids. Or doctorswithoutborders.org, and help out medical professionals on the front lines in those countries. Or charitynavigator.org and find a reputable one your damn self. :)

Believe me, my bleeding-heart commie pinko librul heart feels for the people in these African nations, but the reality is they've been at this shit for decades. Sure, European colonialism didn't do a whole lot for their national identity and national self-esteem, but they've had plenty of time to unfuck themselves and pull a nation together. Others in the area have done it just fine.

• Upvote 1

Uganda is Rwanda is Zimbabwe is Somalia is Nigeria is Ivory Coast is Liberia (up til 2003), etc., etc.

The problems are inherent to the culture of most of the sub-Saharan African nations. Sure, every nation is a little different, but at the end of the day they seem to employ all the same tactics, children solders, morphing from resistance force to abandoning all rules and committing genocide and war crimes, etc. Throwing money at a dubious charity to "fix" this problem isn't going to do anything but make some dude in the US or Europe or wherever this thing is based richer while he tosses a small percentage of your donation at the "cause", just enough to remain labelled a charity, or get gobbled up by the first military force it finds and never find its way to the general populace. I offer up as an example the charity of Yele Haiti, the shenaniganry of which can be found here

You want to donate to a good charitable organization? Go to donorschoose.org, help out some kids. Or doctorswithoutborders.org, and help out medical professionals on the front lines in those countries. Or charitynavigator.org and find a reputable one your damn self. :)

Believe me, my bleeding-heart commie pinko librul heart feels for the people in these African nations, but the reality is they've been at this shit for decades. Sure, European colonialism didn't do a whole lot for their national identity and national self-esteem, but they've had plenty of time to unfuck themselves and pull a nation together. Others in the area have done it just fine.

That's kinda what I wrote but not really.

Well-put Cheech.