Tl down!!!

2talltim

Well went for a little "first" ride around the block for the year and i guess i wasnt thinking about having new brake lines on the bike and they grab a lot harder than they used to. Went to stop at the intersection up the road and locked up the front, and down she went.:mad: The frame slider saved the important stuff. plastic, engine case, radiator. But i broke off my shift lever, scratched the bar end, peg and frame slider, and put a huge dent and scrach in my pipe. Oh well you pay to play i guess:nono:.2012-03-11_16-25-34_166.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

As big as you are, I'd figured you could have just put your feet down and stand up with the bike by the handlebars like a pitbike :D Seriously though, that truly sucks man, glad you were not hurt and the bike ended up fairly unscathed -- can you get just a new midpipe for the bad side?

How shitty were your old brake lines that you could accidentally lock the front at suburban speeds???

Was there gravel or road salt involved? I have lifted the rear wheel a few times at 100+, but never locked the front wheel.

How shitty were your old brake lines that you could accidentally lock the front at suburban speeds???

Was there gravel or road salt involved? I have lifted the rear wheel a few times at 100+, but never locked the front wheel.

I was confused too and asking myself those things.

the old one were really bad, they were the original 15 yr old rubber lines and i had to mash them to stop, these new ones one finger does the trick...but there maybe have been some light gravel too, i was just really upset because its the first time this bike has been on the ground

the old one were really bad, they were the original 15 yr old rubber lines and i had to mash them to stop, these new ones one finger does the trick...but there maybe have been some light gravel too, i was just really upset because its the first time this bike has been on the ground

15 years old! Damn those were probably ready to turn to dust.

:eek::nono::facepalm:

They are long gone, got my purdy spieglers on now...i bet there are tons of bikes on the road that have worn out brake lines and people dont even think about them. Most probobly think if they dont leak they are fine.:nono: