ganglion cyst..... to pop, or not?

kawi kid

So I got this thing on my wrist....

2012-03-16_20-57-35_429.jpg

The wife wants to ram a needle in it for YouTube epicness. I am a little reluctant mainly because I read they can get infected and hurt pretty bad afterwards.

So has anyone had one of these? And if so wtf did you do? And better yet what should I do?

You should consult your physician' date=' and make sure you sleep with one eye open. :eek:[/quote']

I don't have a "physician" but my buddy is a vet.... I go to him for most my ailments :)

He said pop it too.. that fucker. :mad:

I don't have a "physician" but my buddy is a vet.... I go to him for most my ailments :)

He said pop it too.. that fucker. :mad:

If he puts on that long glove that goes clear up to his shoulder, you better run like hell!:eek:

• Upvote 2

Brother Inlaw had one I believe it was the same type I know it was a cyst on his wrist doctor told him to hit it with a book or they would have to drain it. He let it go and he wccidently hit his hand on something and it went away.

I had that in my wrist from golfing when I was in high school. I went to a doctor demanding surgery, he said the rehab wasn't worth it, and told me to break it myself. He said something like, "I can lance it for you if you want, but the nurse just slams hers in the toilet seat."

I think I used to pop it internally by pressing on it really hard.

I quit golfing and it went away - it was a repetitive-motion type thing.

I knocked my cat off the ledge...with a meat hammer

I fell and hit my head...with a meat hammer

My wife got pissed at me and hit me in the head...with a meat hammer

My "friend" lost his virginity...with a meat hammer

Say...jbot is spot on!

• Upvote 2

pretty much every thing thats been said, if its at its begining state some try aspiration, but not if in hand and close to a pulsation. If its been there for some time taking it out is better since we can remove the base too, with minimal chance for recurrence (still it might) cost + splints 4-5 days :( . And this is what usually happens :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJFdx1fPLlA