Mythbuster live

Scruit

My wife got tickets for my son and I to see the mythbusters live stage show.

I wound up being called out of the audience to help with an experiment. (Testing my ability to perform a series of simple tasks with a blacked-out welding helmet that had a small screen inside that was hooked up to a camera on the outside of the screen)

It was a blast - got to meet Adam and Jamie and shake their hands too. Adam of course asked about my accent. Epic experience.

Was anyone from here at the show? It was their only Ohio performance.

The task was to walk from on table to the next performing simple tasks at each one.

- Pick up a plastic cup

- Pour a jug of milk into the cup

- Pick up a hat

- Put the cup of milk and hat onto a tray

- Carry the tray to the back of the stage and give it to Adam

The welding helmet had a smartphone in place of the filter that was showing a video stream recorded like by another smartphone that was mounted on a boom on the outside of the helmet. The "camera" smartphone was at eye level, facing downward and on a springy boom that extended about 18" forward. It was a freaky experience.

Adam asked me what it felt like. I said; "About 12 pints of Guinness." That got a chuckle out of the audience.

I had to sign a video release so I'm hoping there is video if this out there somewhere...

Edited by Scruit

Yes! I left work early to drive up and see it with my dad. I wanted to get my picture taken with Adam and Jamie so bad but never had the chance.. I love the crap out of their show and appreciate what they do to get people interested in science. Its great stuff. Jamie has a big interest in motorcycles and pilots an EBR Buell as shown in one episode and I read on the WERA forums that he went out to a roadrace and spent some time with a guy racing an EBR Buell himself. That's just awesome.

Yes! I left work early to drive up and see it with my dad. I wanted to get my picture taken with Adam and Jamie so bad but never had the chance.. I love the crap out of their show and appreciate what they do to get people interested in science. Its great stuff. Jamie has a big interest in motorcycles and pilots an EBR Buell as shown in one episode and I read on the WERA forums that he went out to a roadrace and spent some time with a guy racing an EBR Buell himself. That's just awesome.

Yeah, Jamie is big into his bike. He's mentioned it a couple times.

Their new season premier is Sunday.

I had to sign a video release so I'm hoping there is video if this out there somewhere...

Cool. They didn't mention when it would air on tv?

Edited by Gump

Cool. They didn't mention when it would air on tv?

They film them all (they said) and they may be putting together a video of highlights. I dunno. I sent an email asking if the videos would ever be made available in any way.