Hello from Blacklick!

MiDe84

also when I was looking for my first bike...the world of difference from 3k to 4k is crazy. Find a ton of better options at the 4k mark if you can be patient and save up a bit more

Trust me I know. Another forum I frequent someone offered me a 2005 r6 with Yoshi exhaust and a PC. For 4k even. :bow:

But I am not anywhere near rich and my Wife as a surprise for me got a 3k loan so i could buy a bike. That is why I am so hard set on 3k. If I saved another thousand the riding season would be over lol.

Thank you for all the links. I did like that zx6. I would need something 600 or larger. I would be bored with a 250 or 500 in about 1 week. The bike I have found the most fun riding in my few years so far has been a friends grxr 600.

I think I found a decent SV650. What do you guys think? Can you get full coverage on a salvaged bike?

I got him talked down but he lives 2 hours away. I might go drive there on Friday to look at the bike.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2914227503.html

I sold this bike in 2010. 2001 F4i with a custom exhaust and other goodies for $3900. Clean title and about 15k miles. I wouldn't pay that money for a bike with a salvage title. I'd keep looking around.

Marycbr600f4i_small_.jpg

Edited by Mary#17
picture issues

Id offer the salvage guy 2k he is priced way to high...

Ive seen clean title 03+ SV650s around 3k. I would hold out for one honestly. You would be happier with one of those and Ive seen SV1k for around 3k as well... Ill look tonight at work and see if I can find any deals for you.

ok yea in my opinion that price is far too high. Dover is about 20 mins south of where I work and I wouldn't even bother making that short drive for that price. At $2500 I'd consider it however

if you like the kawi then I'd look at this, much more appropriately price IMO:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90805

I PMed him thank you for the link!

I also found this. What would you guys offer for this?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2883659422.html

Thank you everyone for your help. I am not a noob at riding but I am one when it comes to buying. You guys are teaching me things to keep me from ripping myself off. :)

I PMed him thank you for the link!

I also found this. What would you guys offer for this?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2883659422.html

Thank you everyone for your help. I am not a noob at riding but I am one when it comes to buying. You guys are teaching me things to keep me from ripping myself off. :)

You're welcome. The second link based on the grammar alone I wouldn't give more than 2k

ok yea in my opinion that price is far too high. Dover is about 20 mins south of where I work and I wouldn't even bother making that short drive for that price. At $2500 I'd consider it however

Well I made the gamble and I think it payed off. I drove out to Dover in a CX-7 and came back on a sv650s. :D

What a crazy first ride for my new bike. I had 3 hours of sun/night/rain/gusty winds. Kept me on my toes. When I could feel them of course.

Its a flat black 2005 sv650s with 16k miles on it. It has a full Yoshi exhaust, Fender eliminator kit that was actually installed well, Flush turn signals, Almost brand new front and rear tires, and oil just changed. The title was a repair and not salvaged so its already passed state inspection.

The bike ran like a top. All gears shift smoothly, no hesitation throughout the rpm band, and the clutch felt good.

The final price was 2900. I don't think this was a bad price.

Now my sore ass is going to bed to pass the hell out and hope when I wake up im not as sore or cold as I am right now. :D

PS: I went and looked at that yellow one today and they guy would not budge off of 3k. It was all stock with busted up from plastics and missing various bits and pieces throughout the bike. So I am glad I did not go for that one.

Edited by MiDe84
  • Upvote 1