Wanting to buy some Plastic Cleaner, but don't know which one.

namtugeoj

Novus works great, and if I am out, I soak a towel with warm water and let it sit on the shield for a few minutes, the take a wet rag and all the junk wipes right off. Dry it with a clean dry towel., good to go.

A while back, California gave Honda a lot of crap about some VOCs or something close in the Honda Polish that was being sold. CA threatened a ban if Honda didnt change the formula. Being a super popular product, Honda didnt want that, so they came up with a new formula and then sourced it to a new manufacturer, and pull the plug on the people in Marietta Georgia who make the original formula Honda polish stuff. So what doe the Marietta group do? Stick thier own label on it of course. "Original" Spray Cleaner and Polish.

I tryed the "new" Honda stuff when it came out and didnt like it as much. The "Original"? Same as the 1st formula Honda Polish, because the same people have been making it since the beginning. Same cleaning power, same shine, same smell, because it is the same.

Current Honda Polish, NO! ---- Original Polish, YES!

For plastics:

Just cleaning and a light polish - Novus 1

for medium scratches & polish - Novus 2, then 1

for heavier scratches & polish - Novus 3, then 2, then 1

This is professional stuff. You can buy it at most if not all plastic supply houses.

For plastics:

Just cleaning and a light polish - Novus 1

for medium scratches & polish - Novus 2, then 1

for heavier scratches & polish - Novus 3, then 2, then 1

This is professional stuff. You can buy it at most if not all plastic supply houses.

I use these all the time. And lately have been finishing off with a restoring spray that I found sitting around at work. It puts the clarity back in clear plastics, not sure how, but it works pretty good. I'll have to look at work and post what it is.

I used to use a two step mil-spec similar to the Novus. If I ever find those, I'll post up what the mil-specs are for that. Used on old style flight helmets and aircraft canopies. One of the two was aggressive, and would darn near chemically melt scratches away in plastics.