opinions.. 1 down 5 up vs. 1 up 5 down?

bertman85

But you still like dudes

This.

But as far as something actually relating to this thread, I just recently switched to GP shift after riding standard for like 6 years. I haven't ridden it at the track yet, but I have taken it out on the street a few times and it seemed fairly easy to pick up and remember. I might eat those words later, but for now, all is well.

I switched my bike sometime last summer just to see if i would like it. It took me a few rides to get used to it but i like it alot better than standard shift. Never really had any oshit moments but a few times i did have to actually think which way i needed to move my foot to get in the right gear. It did help keep me from missing 1st to 2nd shift. Now on the rare occasion i get on my dads shadow I will have a hard time shifting at first. All in all even just for the street i like GP over STD.

Just remember that all bikes (modern sportbikes and most older generation sportbikes) can be swapped. BUT, some need a special kit to allow the arm to clear the frame, work with the shifting collar, etc. Not all are like the Suzuki pictured. For example, the RC8 needs a $5 piece that allows for GP shift...

My bad... Pic is correct...