Z1R Jackal Pandora Helmet Review

abdecal

I picked up this helmet about a week ago. It is considerably quieter and lighter than the helmet I was borrowing. The picture does not do it justice on the paint, it is brighter in person. It doesn't quite match the paint on my bike but it is pretty damn close. I have fallen in love with the built-in flip down sun shade. It doesn't go down all the way but it definitely comes down enough to function. Plus it looks really awesome.

If I had anything negative to say it would be that the vents on the top of the helmet don't really move a lot of air. I think the vents in the front make up for that though. We will see when it gets warmer though. The inside is soft and comfortable, nothing pokes at my head while riding and it's not itchy like the last helmet I was using. At $199 I would say it gives you bang for your buck.

2011-Z1R-Jackal-Pandora-Helmet.jpg

Pop color, how's the wind noise?

It's very quiet. The helmet I was borrowing had my ears ringing after a ride because it was so loud. I haven't tried out a top of the line helmet so I can't compare to one but I imagine they would be about the same as this one.

My wife has a Z1R helmet and likes it. What helmet were you borrowing, just to know what you are comparing it to.

It was a Vega Full Face. Not sure exactly what model. I just know it wasn't very expensive. So under $200

And don't take no offense to this but your last few threads are leaning on to the squid side. Changing the rear tire for looks or I want a cool trade pattern. I'm bot bashing you in no way bro but trying to help you learn and grow. Your gear is very important from what's on your head down to the shoes you wear. Same as the bike. Learn the bike first, take the msf course then worry about looking good while being the safest rider you can. Like I said I'm not bashing you and don't take it that way, good luck

And don't take no offense to this but your last few threads are leaning on to the squid side. Changing the rear tire for looks or I want a cool trade pattern. I'm bot bashing you in no way bro but trying to help you learn and grow. Your gear is very important from what's on your head down to the shoes you wear. Same as the bike. Learn the bike first, take the msf course then worry about looking good while being the safest rider you can. Like I said I'm not bashing you and don't take it that way, good luck

If anything is leaning toward the squid side it's the larger back tire because I think it looks better. (almost looks like a bicycle from behind,lol) After some research into the subject I found it can inhibit my safety. Safety is more important to me than the bike looking better so I'm not going to do it.

And yes, looks are important to some as well. If you have ever removed your fender or bought gear that matches your bike you can't say that it doesn't.

I wear all my gear every time I ride. I'm an extremely defensive driver / rider. I've never attempted a stunt on anything I've owned my entire life. I've never been in an accident, caused an accident, or even got so much as a scratch on any of my cars or bikes. (knock on wood) Could you say the same? Ever been in a wreck? A fender bender? Ever dumped your bike? Ever accidentally dropped it? Maybe even accidentally put a dent or small scratch in your car or bike? Maybe even popped a wheelie? I haven't. I would guess by the definition of a "squid" you would fit the profile more than I.

As for the helmet I read reviews on many helmets before I purchased this one. I didn't buy it solely for looks. If I did that I wouldn't have bought it. It's just a bonus I found one I think will suit my needs and looks somewhat cool.

Edited by abdecal

Changing the rear tire for looks or I want a cool trade pattern.

Is there such thing as a cool tread pattern? hahaha Do people actually buy tires because they like the look of the tread pattern and not the function?

Squid for looks? Umm ya bro, looks do matter. Why pay $200 for something fully functional and looks like shit? When u can get a fully functional product that looks good for the same price? Granted quality is more importsnt than looks, most manafscturrs offer a large variety of styles to choose from.

• Upvote 1