New tire noise?

CoolWhip

Hey All,

I got a new front tire put on the YZF yesterday at Iron Pony. Last night and today I have noticed it making a whirring noise that I can hear while riding. I am pretty positive it isn't the bike as I can hear it even when I pull the clutch in. Is this something that comes with a new tire or do I need to take it back and have them check it out?

whirring is probably not normal. maybe not balanced correctly, air pressure off, forgot to tighten some bolts, etc? take it back to the ponay and have them check their work.

or i guess you could check some of that yourself, but i automatically lean to the most lazy option, so ignore me.

Have Ryan do it from here on out....just sayin.

That was the plan, until I was at Pony yesterday picking up some other stuff and got trapped in that storm. I was stuck there anyway and couldn't ride on a bald tire so I left it there for them to do and had a buddy take me back to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a rear tire installed there last year. I also had them replace the front sprocket and went down one tooth. There was a very bad "whirring" after going down one tooth which was from the chain rubbing on a vinyl guard. They replaced it with the correct sprocket for free.....it may have been my fault for making the decision to go down one....or theirs for not catching the problem before me leaving. Either way I was appreciative that they fixed it for free.

I also had a whirring after they changed a tire. Eventually it went away and I think it was the new chain and sprockets plus the new tire and everything being new and tight.

So far I have to say if Iron Pony doesn't do it right the first time they at least fix whatever was wrong.....which is commendable.