Camping suggestions needed SE Ohio or WV

82packer

I'm planning on taking most of July off and would like some input on camping locations. We are leaving Michigan on July 2nd and planning on meeting up with some friends in Townsend, TN on the 6th. Then heading to Tellico Plains,TN from the 8th until the 15th to meet up with my family. After that we are heading to WV or SE OH. I was thinking Logan KOA but my brother in law says Buckeye Lake KOA is great. Like the cost of state parks but also like amenities of private campgrounds. We saw a campground north of Seneca Rocks, WV that looked fun but I can't find it, was in a valley along what I think was the Potomac river. Also suggestions on fireworks in IN, OH, E. KY or E. TN because we have our 7 year old with us.

You can google Phantom fireworks locations, they're pretty good. There's a mega-store on Rt. 70 near Baltimore, OH.

As for camping, the WV state parks all have decent camp grounds. Not as plush as some of the KOA's, but cheaper. I've stayed in Hawk's Nest, and several in the Monongahela NF and enjoyed them all.

You can google Phantom fireworks locations, they're pretty good. There's a mega-store on Rt. 70 near Baltimore, OH.

Was looking for a city to watch good fireworks. Had our daughter in Missouri last 4th. Who would have thunk my redneck friends wouldn't be blowing shit up. So I kinda owe her a 4th of July celebration.

>>>SNIP<<< After that we are heading to WV or SE OH. campgrounds. We saw a campground north of Seneca Rocks, WV that looked fun but I can't find it, was in a valley along what I think was the Potomac river.

That campground, less than 1/2 hour north of Seneca Rocks, might be Canaan Valley http://canaanresort.com/ where the Concours Owners Group had their national rally in '07. Nice level sites, convienent bathrooms & the pool is less than 1/2 mile away by road near the main lodge. Make sure to keep an eye out for the deer roaming the park.

About 15-20 minutes east of Marietta, Oh along US50 is the Mountwood campground. Tent & RV sites along w/ camping cabins available on the north side of the highway, spring fed swimming & fishing lakes & more group facilities on the south side of the highway.

We found nothing in the immediate Marietta area, however, northeast of Cambridge is Salt Fork State Resort Park, another excellent choice.

Oh, here ya go for the "boom"; http://find.mapmuse.com/map/fireworks

Edited by DeansZG

Forked Run State Park in Washington County Ohio. 30 minutes south of Marietta. Close to Ohio River and great roads. Hardly ever crowded.

This.

My wife and I camped here over Labor Day weekend a couple years ago and it was great. It's close enough that we were able to take a really nice ride on OH-681 into Athens for dinner/supplies and get back to the site by dark, the facilities were nice, and it wasn't crowded even on a holiday weekend.