Red & Blues in the review

20thGix

So im heading north on River Rd. (2 lane country rd.) near Sidney. There was no other traffic other than this tan F-150 coming in the opposite direction. As he goes past I noticed that there was a LED light bar on the top of the truck and some type of lettering/image on the drivers door. Now im doing 60-65 mph in a 55 as he goes past me. I look in my mirror when he goes by and i see now the lights are now on along with his brake lights. So now im like fuck, and slow down to like 25ish waiting for him to turn around. I'm watching him in my mirror for about 20 seconds or so but he never turned around. Now i think to myself well if he wants to pull me over he had his chance. So i get back up to 55mph, make it another mile to the end of the road and make a right. I never did see him again.

The point of this is i am assuming that he was some sort of wildlife officer. Thats the only time i have ever seen a tan F-150 with lights like that on top. What kind of authority do they have on traffic? I would guess that they could detain you if they wanted and call the Sheriff to finish the stop. Or maybe he though i was going alot faster than i was and flipped his lights on just to get me to slow down. I would'nt think 5-10 over the limit something he would get involved in. I guess i should just be happy i didnt get a ticket for 10 over the speed limit.

Or, he could have seen something along the side of the road and put the lights on and brakes to attend to it.

Tan truck and not a sheriff or ST, keep driving... He has zero authority except maybe within the state park or similar.

^^^

I do not believe that is true, game wardons and things of that nature are Goverment officers and their authority out rankes the authority of your locol police officer. I think!!

^^^

I do not believe that is true, game wardons and things of that nature are Goverment officers and their authority out rankes the authority of your locol police officer. I think!!

I have always heard game warden trumps all state and local cops.... Never have pushed my luck to find out for sure though

But, isn't it only on State Approved land? Like if you were driving through a State Forrest area?

I never heard of Game Wardens having the ability to pull anyone over. I have heard of Forrest Rangers doing this, but dunno, I guess...

I have always heard game warden trumps all state and local cops.... Never have pushed my luck to find out for sure though

a wildlife officer is subject to the same constitution that any other police officer is subject to.

here is some information

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1531.13

http://ohiodnr.com/tabid/9788/Default.aspx

A game warden/wildlife officer most likely doesn't have a radar to determine your speed and you'd have to be going well above the speed limit for him to justify the stop. It would mostly be a reckless OP violation. A park ranger often has the radar and has the authority to pull people over on any road that connects to a state park. Some federal agencies have the authority to issue traffic citations (depending on the state) but rarely do they carry the paperwork and will call a local LEO.

A game warden/wildlife officer most likely doesn't have a radar to determine your speed and you'd have to be going well above the speed limit for him to justify the stop. It would mostly be a reckless OP violation. A park ranger often has the radar and has the authority to pull people over on any road that connects to a state park. Some federal agencies have the authority to issue traffic citations (depending on the state) but rarely do they carry the paperwork and will call a local LEO.

That confirms what I was thinking. I guess I was thinking the Warden was a State officer for sure, but not an enforcement type of officer in the regards being talked about. The Park/Forrest Ranger does... It's his patrol of the land and the area the State owns. Like a University Cop of sorts...

I don't know if you guys have them around you that often in c-bus but we have a lot of border patrol officers up here anyone know what their powers are? Can they pull you over ?

INA 287 gives them the authority to pull anyone over for an immigration inspection. Title 21 authority gives them the authority to enforce drug violations that they come across while performing their regular duties. They have customs authority to board any vessel in waters that connect to the sea border and check documents including checking the keel number. Then they can use any open view observation while checking the keel # as probable cause to search further. As far as pulling you over for speeding its a grey area. Yes they can pull you over for it but it depends on the state on how its handled from there. Most of the time if your polite they will tell you to slow down and be safe. If you run that's a felony. If your a jerk and they want to issue a ticket several states will take them testifying as enough for you to be issued a ticket. So they would call a local to issue the ticket based off of their observation. I don't know if Ohio is one of the states that allow that though.

Back when I was a LEO, all the local wildlife officers were also commissioned Officers with our sheriffs office as reserve deputy's. So yes, they could make stops for Dui, etc and then call us.

Without. All they need is Reasonable suspicion. Which can be as simple as your driving in an area know for illegal smuggling, the car appears to be riding low, your car was drifting left to right as if you were watching me in the mirrors and or we could see bad324 sitting in the back seat and he appeared to be attempting to conceal himself from us.

At an immigration checkpoint the need zero suspicion to detain you and establish your citizenship. They also need mere suspicion of illegal activity to secondary the vehicle and perform an investigative detention.

Most of the time that border patrol has PC they can arrest under one of the 4th amendment warrantless arrest exceptions.

^^^

State park officers have jurisdiction in the entire state, not just the parks. I had a friend whose dad was a state park officer and he told me this a few years ago.

Park rangers are different than park police though. Park rangers do not have law enforcement capabilities. I'm not 100% on this but I know it's something weird like that.

Without. All they need is Reasonable suspicion. Which can be as simple as your driving in an area know for illegal smuggling, the car appears to be riding low, your car was drifting left to right as if you were watching me in the mirrors and or we could see bad324 sitting in the back seat and he appeared to be attempting to conceal himself from us.

At an immigration checkpoint the need zero suspicion to detain you and establish your citizenship. They also need mere suspicion of illegal activity to secondary the vehicle and perform an investigative detention.

Most of the time that border patrol has PC they can arrest under one of the 4th amendment warrantless arrest exceptions.

papers please...

land of the free, lol.