riders killed by drunk driver

rick37

I bet it will make a difference to the drunk drivers lawyer.., :dunno:

-VanDy

Not crimes or infractions make you automatically at fault for an accident - only crimes and/or infractions the contributed to the accident.

If a drunk driver is rearended while stopped at a red light then is he at fault simply because he is drunk? No.

"No insurance" has no bearing on accident liability.

"No endorsement" MAY be a factor if it is shown that the rider made a mistake that a licensed rider would not have made. Difficult to prove.

DUI is only a factor if the accident was a result of an impairment-related cause, such as inattentiveness, failure to control etc.

Anyone who is causes an accident by being dui needs to go to jail for a year on top of anything else the get from the incident. Serious injury should be 2-3 years. Death should be 15-20 years.

Not crimes or infractions make you automatically at fault for an accident - only crimes and/or infractions the contributed to the accident.

If a drunk driver is rearended while stopped at a red light then is he at fault simply because he is drunk? No.

"No insurance" has no bearing on accident liability.

"No endorsement" MAY be a factor if it is shown that the rider made a mistake that a licensed rider would not have made. Difficult to prove.

DUI is only a factor if the accident was a result of an impairment-related cause, such as inattentiveness, failure to control etc.

Anyone who is causes an accident by being dui needs to go to jail for a year on top of anything else the get from the incident. Serious injury should be 2-3 years. Death should be 15-20 years.

No arguments here.

News reports seem to indicate the couple were long time riders and most likely fully endorsed and insured. More over one of them was a worker at Marryhaven assisting people with drug and alcohol addictions.

Honestly I dont see what this has to.do with anything. if they didjt have insurance sure they were breaking the law cuz its required, but doesnt mean it should play a factor in this.

Now as far as endorsements go, even if the driver didnt have his endorsements or even a permit that should make no difference. Yes if they didnt it means they were breaking the law, but doesnt mean the accident eas their fault. If anything the would havr been driving a lil..smarter to as not risk getting pulled over. Cuz I know damn well if im breaking the law im not gunna makr myself stand out.

Now as for.thr pickup sure he was breaking the law, no disputing that.... but his version of breaking the law and the riders version of breaking the law are in 2 totally different ball parks. driving drunk is a serious offense(im guilty myself and defiantly learned my lesson, I wont even drink.more than 1beer if i.drive.now cuz I got my ovi from drinking 2 beers, barley blew over) and drivng eithout endorsements isnt a serious offslense. No insurance is deff more than a slap on the wrist, but it never hurt anyone except the.driver((cuz if they.wreck even min coverage covers uninsuraed moterist)

noob

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=89272

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=89294