Need wrapping quality vinyl...

Moto-Brian

Dude Brian come on buddy. How you think Late Models get wrapped ALL over Ohio, my boys. Link is; http://www.igimage.com/

Grew up with Justin, he races with Matt at Attica. Good guy, I've worked on his car when he gets shit packed in the wall up there a few times. Went to run Eldora last year for the World 100, BRAND new engine, 0 laps, just break in on the dyno, and it blew an oil pan. Weekend over.

Oh and Matt's mom, Kay Irey; http://midohiographics.com/

Either one buddy. Just tell um I sent ya.

Dude Brian come on buddy. How you think Late Models get wrapped ALL over Ohio, my boys. Link is; http://www.igimage.com/

Grew up with Justin, he races with Matt at Attica. Good guy, I've worked on his car when he gets shit packed in the wall up there a few times. Went to run Eldora last year for the World 100, BRAND new engine, 0 laps, just break in on the dyno, and it blew an oil pan. Weekend over.

Oh and Matt's mom, Kay Irey; http://midohiographics.com/

Either one buddy. Just tell um I sent ya.

Don't tell them he sent ya they might expect you to give them the same "service" he gives :bukkake-1:

it's so hard to wrap a bike you'll pay the same price as quality paint job. plus the wrap can't handle the engine heat I heard

I've looked into wrapping my bike for a while now.

These guys sell the stuff to do it: www.tapeworks.com

and so so these guys: www.bikeskinz.com

The bikeskinz guys have some nice designs but they will do any custom design you want. Reasonable price too.....much cheaper than a paint job.

Havent read the links yet (too small on phone). Do they wrap bikes?

NoBama 2012

Actually yes, they sure do. If you think a bike puts out heat, try a 1000HP late model, that's heat.

Justin wraps bikes at the first link, I know several in Mansfield that he's done and they look good.

That's pretty high. A whole roll of the 3M Scotchprint is $350 retail... That's 5'x30'...

I need maybe 15'...

The bikeskinz guys have some nice designs but they will do any custom design you want. Reasonable price too.....much cheaper than a paint job.

$400 just for the vinyl. that's not cheaper than a paint job. you still need to apply it yourself. you'll probably have to pay someone $200 to install it properly. I'm just going by what guys on other forms have paid and been told by places that do it. they've all been told a motorcycle is very time consuming so the installation is very high.

Edited by serpentracer

$400 just for the vinyl. that's not cheaper than a paint job. you still need to apply it yourself. you'll probably have to pay someone $200 to install it properly. I'm just going by what guys on other forms have paid and been told by places that do it. they've all been told a motorcycle is very time consuming so the installation is very high.

I always thought a GOOD paint job was expensive. More than $600. And that won't be custom or look like airbrush. Single color.

I was primarily looking at wrapping as a cheap way cover all the road rash from my wreck, with no need for fiberglass or prep. Plus I've always wanted something custom.

I was hoping I could do it myself, but you're not the first to warn against it.

NoBama 2012

Yeah, ive seen them both, and leaning towards bikeskinz. Tapeworms has been around forever, but it seems like their designs haven't changed much from the "tiger stripes" or whatever, in like the last 10 years.

NoBama 2012

are you looking to do a solid color or have a design printed on it, or even have a multi layered design?

I'm doing it myself and am simply putting black on panels where it is white right now vs. having them painted. Season is literally two weeks away and don't think I can get them painted before then...

I'm not wrapping the whole thing.

send me pics and I'll see what I have or maybe order in for you. most any high quality vinyl for sign making will work. some just handle the curves better than others.

It's a 2011 RC8R RS seen here:

RC8RRSsideprofile.jpg

Basically, under the tail, the front middle panel and the bottom portion of the upper and into the side front of the tank will be gloss black.

Regular vinyl might work, but I honestly want to use a proper material that will not shrink as fast and will be easier to use with the ability to reposition easier if need be. Plus the stuff like the 3M Scotchprint 1080 is much more professional looking. I am open to ideas, though.

I want to do two sets of plastic. I also may want to use an orange and the 3M stuff in gloss burnt orange 1080-G14 is almost dead nuts the same orange.

Again, probably 15' or so at 48"+ wide...

I always thought a GOOD paint job was expensive. More than $600. And that won't be custom or look like airbrush. Single color.

I was primarily looking at wrapping as a cheap way cover all the road rash from my wreck, with no need for fiberglass or prep. Plus I've always wanted something custom.

I was hoping I could do it myself, but you're not the first to warn against it.

NoBama 2012

few things to consider with that. street plastics always cost more to paint. since they're in a lot of pieces once unmounted from the bike. so the painter will have more time setting them up etc.

what kind of a paint job do you need for a race bike. anyone that knows how to paint can do a cheap paint job and have it turn out so good you'd be wetting your pants with excitement. will it be something chip foose would approve? probably not. but 99% of your buddies would give it a thumbs up.

last but not least a good set of track plastics are way easier to prep than a shitty set like hotbodies or something. so a quick sand on a good set is all that's needed 99% of the time. a set of hotbodies almost always needs some more body filler work to be good enough to paint. (I hate painting cheap bodywork) I lose my ass on it because of the prep work is always double the time. plus it likes to spider crack around all openings when you handle them. (cheap resin) and it shows up in the paint.

there are a bunch of guys on the net that paint stuff for racers. $300 for single color $395 for 3 colors. not outrageious considering the paint prices will run him about $100. when I buy a quart for my bike it's about $57 the reducer for it is about $16 a gallon. the clear is $29 a quart and the hardener for the clear is $15 for 8 ounces. as you can see it adds up really quick. and that's cheap stuff.

Edited by serpentracer