Gun Virgin

mcdoggy2000

Please school me about gun.

I have never shoot and I don't think I want to own it.

Can you suggest any place I can rent gun and shoot? (how much?)

I am not talking about the place shoot disc, more like the indoor place with closer distance. ( I don't think I can hit the flying stuff. )

I have no idea hand gun, shot gun or AK47? lol

I think want to try different kind if they let you switch.

This is question like "how to start engine on motorcycle?" " how to ride?" but be nice lol.

Vandalia armory. They have a little bit of everything. If you have never shot before I suggest taking a gun safety class.

Thanks, that was fast.

I checked web. for the safety class "$160 w/ firearm rental"

I was thinking more like $40~50...

+1 on gun safety class or find somone here to take you shooting and teach you the basics. I wish I would have taken a safety course when I got started it would have kept me from putting a 22lr sized hole through my wall. I learned a lot about gun safety that day.

Thanks guys, I am from Japan for college, over 20 years ago....and lived in California until moved to Ohio.

I keep hearing shooting gun is awesome feeling so what a hell. I am 43yo and try once and maybe go deeper...

I have small kids at home so I do not want to have at my house until feel fully comfortable (I mean 100% in control no matter what happens kind of knowledge)

I will try to contact biginner safety class, I always tell people take the MSF class so I guess same for gun.

Edited by mcdoggy2000

Im a gun virgin also (never been penetrated by any).

Here's all you need to know for safety,

1. Never point it (the business end) at anything your not willing to destroy.

2. Keep your buger picker off the boom button until your ready to fire.

3. Keep it locked and un-obtainable to children.

Free safety course. Just saved ya $160.

Im a gun virgin also (never been penetrated by any).

Here's all you need to know for safety,

1. Never point it (the business end) at anything your not willing to destroy.

2. Keep your buger picker off the boom button until your ready to fire.

3. Keep it locked and un-obtainable to children.

Free safety course. Just saved ya $160.

I would go over a little more than that. None of that caused the hole in my wall.

Also Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware on 36 sounds like a place to check out for ya. The are a little pricey to buy from but they rent out guns. If you rent one and decide to buy it I think they give you a discount on the purchase. It used to be the whole rental price would come off the gun price. They've got a lot of classes there also.

I would go over a little more than that. None of that caused the hole in my wall.

1 it was pointed at the wall.

2 something caused it to fire such as pushing the trigger.

Wasn't my finger and the wall was a safer direction than my foot it was a trigger lock that pulled the trigger.

Assume every gun is loaded!

Check, check, check, and recheck that its unloaded and mag is dropped before allowing anything to pull the trigger.

The #1 rule In gun safety is to treat every gun as if its loaded!!!!!

I'm very maticulous about checking even guns at a dealer that just checked it, I recheck it everytime.

Edited by crb

I didn't hear about that one.

We were on a memorial ride and he had some flags on his bike. At the end he attempted to remove the flags and ended up stabbing himself in the hand. Had an ER visit and everything. It was about 2 years ago.

Wasn't my finger and the wall was a safer direction than my foot it was a trigger lock that pulled the trigger.

Assume every gun is loaded!

Check, check, check, and recheck that its unloaded and mag is dropped before allowing anything to pull the trigger.

That goes along with buger picker off the boom button. Chamber locks are my second prefered method of securing the gun because it can't fire. My first being my safe. The gun won't fire unless the trigger is pressed. Unless its antique or modified and dropped.

We were on a memorial ride and he had some flags on his bike. At the end he attempted to remove the flags and ended up stabbing himself in the hand. Had an ER visit and everything. It was about 2 years ago.

No shit!! Ouch. :wtf: I'll let you ask him about his other incident. ;)

That goes along with buger picker off the boom button. Chamber locks are my second prefered method of securing the gun because it can't fire. My first being my safe. The gun won't fire unless the trigger is pressed. Unless its antique or modified and dropped.

I get it , but a newbie doesn't understand that especially one who hads never been around guns like I was. I thouht it was a trigger lock so it couldn't fire WRONG! I wasnt even allowed to have toy guns when I was a kid.

Edited by crb

heh, I had a friend with lots of experience, drop the slide on a old Mauser pistol and it went off and put a hole in his wood floor.

You never know.

Weak firing pin springs, trouble right there...

the safety won't always prevent it from firing.

Bang the butt of an old M-16 on the ground and see what happens.

Please stand clear of the muzzle.

Safety on, bolt carrier to the rear and out of battery.

It often chambers a round and fires...

If my dad would allow someone else to shoot a gun on his property i would show you but hes funny about anyone he hasnt known for years. I live in urbana, if you know someone in a country area close by i could show you the basics of a shotgun(only thing i own).

Hey scottie, thanks, that is very nice of you. If too much trouble with your dad, no worry.

If somebody here feel comfortable teaching me basics and let me shoot gun for biginner (maybe XR100 kind of gun and/or 250~400cc street bike)

would be great, I do not mind paying some money, not $160 lol, for bullets and other stuff cost ya.

I do not know asking to shoot other people's gun is ok or not.

I will not let biginner ride my bike or some of guitar so I thought maybe rude to ask....

I thought this thread was ended.

Ninja usually does not use a gun, cowboy does lol.

I do have common sense such as not pointing the tip to popel or hold well to deal with feedback, etc. but I do not know enough.

I shot air gun and miniture bullet kind (I think bullet is real, but tiny not much of feedback at all.)

Edited by mcdoggy2000