Dumped it!

cg2112

dont know why people act like if you have gear on you are invincible, I got road rash pretty bad when wearing all my gear (full leathers) at 20-30mph not a bad wreck, during a deals gap trip. Didnt even tear the leather...

so all you gear freaks can ponder on that for a while......

dont know why people act like if you have gear on you are invincible, I got road rash pretty bad when wearing all my gear (full leathers) at 20-30mph not a bad wreck, during a deals gap trip. Didnt even tear the leather...

umm, no one said that it makes you invincible. :rolleyes:

have you ever pondered the possibility that your rash would have been worse without the leathers? curious, did you not have the jacket and pants zipped together or something?

an improper fit of gear can cause said rash

I've always found that most mesh jackets feel like they flow as much air, if not more than just a t-shirt. I also feel way more comfortable riding in gear.

Watching a road rash debridement/scrubbing video is always a good motivator too.

But as others have said, it's your skin, and your choice.

did it rub THROUGH the leather?

What kind of responses were you expecting from a group of people that

for the most part are ATGATT (all the gear all the time) :dunno:

Ultimately gear is your choice. But never expect sympathy from this bunch

if you chose to not gear up. ;)

I didn't want any sympathy. I choose to ride how I'm comfortable. What I was wearing wasn't the point.

I'm comfortable with the risk I take when I ride. It's risky in full gear, or in shorts and a wife beater. I generally wear jeans and long sleeves, unless it's really hot, then I might wear a t-shirt.

Welcome to the club! Glad to hear you're okay and the bike survived unscatched. Clean up the scrapes, get some Neosporin on them and they'll heal up nicely (might even save your tat).

I didn't want any sympathy. I choose to ride how I'm comfortable. What I was wearing wasn't the point.

I'm comfortable with the risk I take when I ride. It's risky in full gear, or in shorts and a wife beater. I generally wear jeans and long sleeves, unless it's really hot, then I might wear a t-shirt.

You tell em how you feel, its your choice if you want to get seriously injured in a minor crash or not :) hell we can all die walking down the street, tripping, and smashing our head on the si de walk, or drown in our bowl of cereal. Doesnt mean were gunna wear floaties or helmets all the time :rolleyes: although I do like to were my kevlar helmet and wave at every person I see sometimes when im driving my car :dunno:

The tattoo is fine, now that it's been cleaned up, and the rocks are removed and all, it's not too bad. Looked worse at first, but now it just looks like small scratches, except on my arm. The bruising is the real bitch.