Marine Corps kids show respect for playing of Colors on base.

jagr

Grab a bugle, head to the east side...start playing colors outside of the playground during recess...you'll lose all faith again, I'm just sayin...

Another thing that always amazes me...people who don't know to take their hat off during the National Anthem.

Are you fucking serious!!

Take your God damn hat off for 30 fucking seconds!!

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm, not to shit in your cereal, but me thinks this video is a set up.

No. Doubtful. Were they taught this? Of course.

This is base housing. Not east side Cbus.

Myself having spent alot of time on Marine Bases I can tell you most everything stops for playing of Colors and Taps. If you don't you'll get squared away quick.

Stop what you are doing.

Face flag. If you can't see the flag face the direction of the music.

Stand at attention. Salute.

Civvies. Do the same. Remove cover(hat). Minus salute.

Grab a bugle, head to the east side...start playing colors outside of the playground during recess...you'll lose all faith again, I'm just sayin...

Another thing that always amazes me...people who don't know to take their hat off during the National Anthem.

Are you fucking serious!!

Take your God damn hat off for 30 fucking seconds!!

I hate when I hear people say "I don't believe in the national anthem" That gets me fired up because even though im not in the military a lot of my family is and it's disrespectful.

• Upvote 1

I agree with badtrain. Last yr at the mid o races I saw so many with there hats on.

I feel we should respect and be proud of where we live. A lot of people die every day for our freedom. The least wecan do is act like we deserve it. Respect what you have respect those who protect it.

Fake or not maybe it will influence other kids

Sorry...I have strong beliefs when it come to my country and morals

In Dublin today there was a funeral procession for Capt. Nicholas Rozanski. About 50 of use from my work stood outside along Post Road to pay out respects for his final journey.

The guy stood next to me talked through the whole thing. "I bet that jeep gets bad gas mileage" etc. And he is a born citizen, ex-military. He left before the end of the procession because it was taking too long.

I've never been in the military, and I wasn't born in this country, but I sure as hell know that this man risked, and gave his life for his country and the least I could do is stand still and shut the fuck up for 30 minutes.

I've never been in the military, and I wasn't born in this country, but I sure as hell know that this man risked, and gave his life for his country and the least I could do is stand still and shut the fuck up for 30 minutes.

+1

Myself having spent alot of time on Marine Bases I can tell you most everything stops for playing of Colors and Taps. If you don't you'll get squared away quick.

Stop what you are doing.

Even though I've been out of the corps for 6 years now I still do this. But your right EVERYTHING on a Marine Corps base stops, hell I remember playing intermural softball on base and having the whole game stopped for colors.

Stop what you are doing.

With ya. And like most others here, freaking stand still for 1 whole goddamn minute with your hat off and your trap shut, unless you are genuinely singing along. Show a little bit of reverence for your country.

In Dublin today there was a funeral procession for Capt. Nicholas Rozanski. About 50 of use from my work stood outside along Post Road to pay out respects for his final journey.

The guy stood next to me talked through the whole thing. "I bet that jeep gets bad gas mileage" etc. And he is a born citizen, ex-military. He left before the end of the procession because it was taking too long.

My grandfather passed a month ago. He lived and Newark and all the services were there.

I was amazed how EVERYONE pulled over for the procession. That doesn't happen in Cbus. If I see a procession coming I will try to block the lane and make people stop.

Honk away Bitches. :thefinger: I ain't moving till its passed. people are pure assholes anymore.

Edited by jagr

Even though I've been out of the corps for 6 years now I still do this. But your right EVERYTHING on a Marine Corps base stops, hell I remember playing intermural softball on base and having the whole game stopped for colors.
With ya. And like most others here, freaking stand still for 1 whole goddamn minute with your hat off and your trap shut, unless you are genuinely singing along. Show a little bit of reverence for your country.

All men are created equal. Then some become Marines.

That's why I love you guys in a mostly no homo kinda way.

I had a lady ask me one time why I didn't put my hand over my heart. When I explained to her I was at the position of attention and why, she gave me a hug.

I didnt know what was going on when I was coming back from advance auto on my bike. I stopped and asked and when they said what it was, I found a parking spot and stood there. I stood for well over an hour and eventually the lady I was talking to asked me if I knew who he was. I said "no" and she asked why I was staying there when I obvisouly had something to do(bag was full of car parts). all I could think was that it was the least I could do since he gave his life for the country. She said thanks and gave me a hug.

+1

My grandfather passed a month ago. He lived and Newark and all the services were there.

I was amazed how EVERYONE pulled over for the procession. That doesn't happen in Cbus. If I see a procession coming I will try to block the lane and make people stop.

Honk away Bitches. :thefinger: I ain't moving till its passed. people are pure assholes anymore.

Im glad Im not the only one who does this :D

My grandpa did it with me in the truck one time, and it has stuck with me every since. My sister always asks me why I do it. Apprently "to show respect" is above her.

• Upvote 1