My first AMA PRO round ATLANTA

gixxie750

Damn I go to 1 concert for a few hours, tear into my bike when I get home, and miss all the fucking fun. Brian, you better be watching your cornhole next MS round cuz I will be there, and it's game on buddy. jk, you know I Love man butter, especially canolla oil.

But for real, damn if my bike didn't have a hole in the radiator hose today when I got home and had been dropping WW in my lower. All my bodywork is off to be repaired Sunday and tomorrow Im hitting auto store to get new hose and refill/burp the coolant. Damn WW has gone through twice now on this bike so it better be running coooool. Like me.

So thats what was leaking in the trailer?? obviously....

You need help with anything I am off Monday and could help out but seems you got it under control :)

If she is your girl you should take the time to make sure she looks flawless if you are going to post her pictures on the internet.

Ahhh yes, because women should look "perfect" before they show themselves on the interwebz. You must be very popular in women's rights circles.

If she is ok with them be posted as is then shut up and get over it.

That was actually my advice to you.

Oh is it possible for me to purchase one of those illegal raffle tickets through paypal? Yes, look up the law pertaining to raffles. Do you have non profit status????

You do not need to hold non-profit status to hold a raffle. You only have to have non-profit status to avoid paying taxes on what you receive from the raffle. [full disclosure, I have absolutely no idea what raffle you are talking about but I do have a great deal of experience with organizing fundraising events, both for profit and non-profit groups]

Lilbit, I have no interest in defending Brandon against your obvious anger. My problem is that you decided to get catty about his significant other and an apparent friend of his trying to help him, both of which have absolutely no relvance to your argument other than the fact that you just wanted to be rude. Admittedly, I have not met either of those women and maybe they have wronged you in some way. If they have not, however, you need to drop it because you are just making yourself look bad.

Just in the same way that it was in bad taste to call Ben's wife a rude name, you have now done the same thing. Is everyone even now? Can you move on?

This is the Ohio revised code pertaining to raffles.

2915.092 Raffles - Illegal conduct of raffle - penalties.

(A)(1) Subject to division (A)(2) of this section, a charitable organization, a public school, a chartered nonpublic school, a community school, or a veteran’s organization, fraternal organization, or sporting organization that is exempt from federal income taxation under subsection 501(a) and is described in subsection 501©(3), 501©(4), 501©(7), 501©(8), 501©(10), or 501©(19) of the Internal Revenue Code may conduct a raffle to raise money for the organization or school and does not need a license to conduct bingo in order to conduct a raffle drawing that is not for profit.

(2) If a charitable organization that is described in division (A)(1) of this section, but that is not also described in subsection 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, conducts a raffle, the charitable organization shall distribute at least fifty per cent of the net profit from the raffle to a charitable purpose described in division (Z) of section 2915.01 of the Revised Code or to a department or agency of the federal government, the state, or any political subdivision.

(B) Except as provided in division (A) or (B) of this section, no person shall conduct a raffle drawing that is for profit or a raffle drawing that is not for profit.

© Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of illegal conduct of a raffle. Except as otherwise provided in this division, illegal conduct of a raffle is a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of a violation of division (B) of this section, illegal conduct of a raffle is a felony of the fifth degree.

My comments about the pics were not directed to his significant other or her friend. He stated that he was PRO so I thought they were professional models. I didn't know the relationship until he pointed it out. I don't know them and they have not wronged me, so it is not a case of being catty. I am simply making a point.

He stated that he was PRO so I thought they were professional models. I didn't know the relationship until he pointed it out. I don't know them and they have not wronged me, so it is not a case of being catty. I am simply making a point.

So we can move on now?

Thank you for the quick google of the ORC. I'm well aware of the laws and what is required to obtain a license. As I said before, I have no idea what the raffle you were taking about was in reference to, just like you had no idea who the women in those photographs were nor what they were doing at the race.

Hopefully you now see the point I was trying to make. It is very easy for someone to attack a vague statement when you know absolutely nothing about the background.

Cheers.

Ahhh yes, because women should look "perfect" before they show themselves on the interwebz. You must be very popular in women's rights circles.

That was actually my advice to you.

You do not need to hold non-profit status to hold a raffle. You only have to have non-profit status to avoid paying taxes on what you receive from the raffle. [full disclosure, I have absolutely no idea what raffle you are talking about but I do have a great deal of experience with organizing fundraising events, both for profit and non-profit groups]

Lilbit, I have no interest in defending Brandon against your obvious anger. My problem is that you decided to get catty about his significant other and an apparent friend of his trying to help him, both of which have absolutely no relvance to your argument other than the fact that you just wanted to be rude. Admittedly, I have not met either of those women and maybe they have wronged you in some way. If they have not, however, you need to drop it because you are just making yourself look bad.

Just in the same way that it was in bad taste to call Ben's wife a rude name, you have now done the same thing. Is everyone even now? Can you move on?

You stated that you do not need to hold non-profit status, yet when I gave the evidence that you are not correct, you get your panties in a bunch and say you are well aware of the laws and licenses needed. Really??? So if you are aware then you know that it is illegal for Brandon to have a raffle at his shop on Saturday. Since you say you don't know anything about this raffle why did you respond? No worries, I won't report it.

No panties bunched here at all. I have no idea of the legality of lack thereof of Brandon's fundraising.

I am simply making a point.

Your point is duly noted. No photos of women who are not perfect or Photoshopped should be posted on the internet. I'll try to pass the word.

I said, "You do not need to hold non-profit status to hold a raffle" which is correct. Again, I have no clue about the legality or lack thereof of Brandon's fundraising.

Regardless of how you want to continue this conversation, the point is this: you were being rude to some women who were helping out someone at a race and I called you out on it. Now you are trying to defend yourself which is only making yourself look worse. Just like the previous drama-laced thread where another lady was called a rude name and the attackers ended up looking worse. Dig as deep as you want.

I said, "You do not need to hold non-profit status to hold a raffle" which is correct. Again, I have no clue about the legality or lack thereof of Brandon's fundraising.

Regardless of how you want to continue this conversation, the point is this: you were being rude to some women who were helping out someone at a race and I called you out on it. Now you are trying to defend yourself which is only making yourself look worse. Just like the previous drama-laced thread where another lady was called a rude name and the attackers ended up looking worse. Dig as deep as you want.

And read the law it states you have to have non-profit status. If you have dimple thighs and post them on the internet expect to get comments......how is that rude? Yes the big PRO had to get free help. Geeze. Edited by Lilbit

I wouldn't say something like that if it wasnt true. and I have a job that I can't play at all day like some of you.

odd some americans work still

these guys were nothing but a bunch of idiot squids around here. thats why I have to laugh when I see some of you guys pat them on the back. if you guys could only witness the jackassness of these guys a few years ago....

it's not like they tried to be cool with everyone like some of you guys have the illusion that they do. they purposly tried to show off. he brought up something in the other thread I totally forgot about. the time he came flying by me in my lane on the highway doing about 120. no one even knew these asshats back then. that's when it all started for everyone around here. they found out about the good riding spots and just fucking ruined it. every summer it seemed like 2-4 people died riding with them. they couldn't even find their own spot to meet. they had to use ours at the same fucking time. some people I know mentioned they accidentally went with these guys and said it was accident after accident and jackass move after jackass move.

You must work harder than anyone as I do remember the amount of work I do for my job and remember it being somewhat hectic and sacrificing a lot of things. But, those weekends and vacation days I earn, I go to the track. I know it is hard to get even a few days to get to the track. Excuses are cool, but I really doubt you work so much that you couldn't even get a couple of weekends away.

And, as I do with anyone, I'd be happy to help if you'd even need it. By your avatar, you look like you have ability and may not need any help, but if you would like some, I'd be able to look past the E-Battles and help. I'm not really an asshole in person. Well, all the time at least.

As far as the last mentioned stuff, yes. I do remember some of the antics that were going on. I've seen the videos, etc. I also am siding with you that it was stupid and squid-like. BUT, I also believe that people can change or at least better themselves and from what I see first hand and read on the forums, a lot of them are at the track and several do actually help others in their quest to bettering themselves as track day riders and racers.

Again, this turned into what they used to do and even some of the bad things some claim they still do. But, this is a thread about Brandon chasing his personal dream to race AMA and he did it!! I am supporting him in that venture and that quest. What he does in his personal life isn't what I am supporting nor do I care about.

Remember a somewhat well known racer named Anthony Gobert? I had the honor of helping him when at Suomy and I can say the guy's personal life was a fucking train wreck. His lack of professionalism to be prompt and take things seriously was VERY poor. But, he was an amazing racer and had a lot of support in many ways. You can support an aspect of someone's life without condoning the other stuff...

Brandon all of my posts actually supported your racing, however I do not agree with the way you have handled yourself on these forums and am not impressed with your antics on public highways and roads. Read my posts again and you will see that I never said anything about having a better ass I just stated that maybe you should edit the pics. If she is your girl you should take the time to make sure she looks flawless if you are going to post her pictures on the internet. If she is ok with them be posted as is then shut up and get over it. Even supermodels pics are edited and being pro, you need to have a professional profile. When you are building a business and a brand you have to market yourself in a way to not offend potential customers and sponsors. Unfortunately for you, I found your behavior offensive long before you told me to fuck off. Do some research on negative experiences and how it can affect your business and today with the internet......

First of all, those two ladies are wives and G/Fs of Brandon and his team tech guy. So, his F-Off comment was probably warranted. I could have wished for a less blunt response, but when people bash the wives or the wives of friends, it kinda turns the screws. Comment about my wife and see what I say...

Also, not sure what perfect is? Are you perfect? If you get photos taken of you, do you ask to have the blemishes airbrushed before they are posted? Are they hideous in your mind or the general public?

Also, have you ever been to a race to see what the umbrella girls look like? There are some from "Holy shit!!" to "Holy Hell!!" and everything in between. Some teams hire the girls, some are there from sponsors and are available to teams and some are family and friends. Get over yourself...

Let's get back to the Pro aspect. He had the paint looking professional (614 Paintworx), he had a pro built motor, had a team of guys and gals to help and run the grid the way the other teams do it.

But, when you say Pro, you have no idea what that means. The team he has and himself while are trying the best with what they got, are not professional in every aspect. They do not have a tractor, trailer setup, multiple bikes, posters, multiple riders, personalized canopies, etc. Does that make them shitty? No. Does it mean they aren't trying to be as professional as they can? Yes, they are. If you've never raced at this level, you have no idea how hard it is to even get into the show let alone the amounts of money you need to spend just to be a part of the show. Crew passes, team shirts, paint, decal placement, etc. It is overwhelming and tough for a lot to even try and get there.

Your comments are starting to get annoying and it is simply a deal where you are grasping for straws and commenting on things you don't even know about. Quit while you are ahead.

and for the stupid BS about the raffle, there are obviously ways around that law that you cant grasp lilbit..... J W says he has hosted some legally, and if you were from around here you would remember the raffles they held at bike nights through iron pony giving away bikes....pretty sure iron pony is not listed as a non-profit charity.

a quick google search shows that a "sporting organization" can hold a raffle if 50% of the profits are donated to a charity......motorcycle shop = sporting organization.

so please, let it drop

Who May Conduct a Raffle

In Ohio, the only groups allowed to conduct a raffle are charitable organizations; public, chartered or community schools; veterans organizations; fraternal organizations; and sporting organizations. Those groups must be tax exempt under subsection 501(a) of the federal tax code.

Raffle Profit

Some organizations that are not classified as a non-profit by the IRS still may hold raffles, but Ohio law says that at least half of the proceeds must go to a charitable organization, which must be classified under the IRC 509(a) 1, 2, or 3; a governmental unit; or tax exempt under section 501 of the tax code.

KTM-Brian Did you see the post where I said I didn't know it was his girl? Not that it really matters because him telling me to fuck off doesn't bother me.

Did you see the post where they said they didn't know it was Ben's wife :rolleyes:

Your doing the same shit

damn, lilbit seems like a real bitch.....and not in the gen3 kind of way either, just straight up

ah yes the couple broads who come off that way I know are also fairly large unattractive girls who are mad at the world because they can't keep their face outta the trough and resort to trying to tearing other girls down to make themselves feel better

once again I feel we need to know if this is an accurate portrayal of said instigating woman :D

• Upvote 1

Wait, isn't this supposed to be about Brandon and his first AMA race, not all this other bull shit? I mean honestly, I love this thread, but now it's like that dudes thread about falling over at 10mph, it just goes on and on about pointless shit in regards to the AMA race.

When it all comes down to it, that is what this thread was for. He came in, started a professional thread, and many of us backed him, putting everything behind us for a time. It would be nice if everyone could act civilized for one thread, not even a period of time, just until this thread goes away. I find it hard to believe someone has that much hate for someone on an internet forum, that this isn't possible.

And no, I'm not sucking Brandon's balls, I'm also proud of Neyra, Wrobel, Kerr, etc anyone at all who can go out and do these kind of things that are local, are exciting and we should do anything we can to support them.

Like Pegram's shop, hell yes I want to support his shop, at the same time, could I save some $ by going elsewhere, probably, but I won't, I'll go with a local person who needs our support.