My first AMA PRO round ATLANTA

gixxie750

HELL YEA MAN!

DAY:1

Going into this weekend I thought we had a fairly good idea what to expect. We had gotten the bike built the team formed and all forms filled out. All went well on the road trip down and we all laughed and planned what to do on Arrival to Road Atlanta. Once there we set up pits like a boss and sent tuna out to answer some questions we had. Got teched after grape added some plugs we had found in the door to the tow vehical we took. From the second we got to the track The AMA officials were GREAT and very helpfull along with fellow racers. All ready for Fri we went out and had a steak dinner and some drinks to start the weekend right!

Day 2:

We get to track and rush the bike into dyno tune where we find out new motor is at only 103.7 HP with custom map installed. I think whatever and head out on track for practice with new rubber on the ready. Practice went well and qualifying was up next and went out there with best times of 38's. All was well,but I could not help but want more power and thought maybe do a quick spark plug swap and the WOW.... The worst of thigs possible the CYL 4 spark plug SNAPPED off into the head. WOW..... So after the thought of MOTOR SWAP sank in Grape and Tuna DUG in and began the swap to the unknown spare motor we had brought with us. After mass hard work and some chicken sandwiches from the girls the motor was in. It was now 12:30 and time for rest...

Day 3(race day 1)

We wake up at the butt crack of dawn and once again RUSH the bike to dynojet for a tune. They run it thru the whole tuning process and it only makes 98HP!!!! So we get the bike prepped and head out for practice. Bike is obviously S1ow out there so we try to swap ECU and many many parts that were un seen do to ECU swap. Race 1 is now calling so we take what we have to the track. Little did we know the chaos that was upon us known as the GRID lol. The team had to RUN with genny's and warmers and stands and water and mass diff thigs and scale walls and avaid crazy fast bikes and leapfrog over to my grid position. CRAZY! is really the best way to describe what that is all like. It was that momment I realized WHY ama teams had pit crews and how the race could not go on without them!

RACE1:

SCARED!!! The red lights went out and I launched. Turn 1 was a cloud of dust and I just dove in with the rest. We were headed to the turn 3 section and I was ready for chaos and thats when 4 bikes moved out of the way and i took advantage of the window. Now I'm like 7 bikes up and POW they all get me on the throttle. As we made our way to the back strait I was with them till turn 7 when they all left me in the dust. All was good out there alone and then the Blue flags started to show. FEAR of pulling a 606 on a lizard I just moved over and waited. Felt like HRS as the top 2 passed me. I looked back and saw no more bikes so went on racing. It was then the train hit. It was a long train and somehow I was in the middle of it now! As they all flew past on rt and left I did not react nore budge from my course. It was over so I tried to jump behind and learn. As i went into turn 6 hotter than ever I tried to grab a downshift and found nothing,but air!!! After a brief visit to the grass I saw a pit road behind 7 and pulled in hot. It was actually cool because fans started to flock over to fence and try to help/question and or assist,but the shifter was gone and no easy fix. Took crash truck in..

Day 3:

Wake up and wait for Tuna to "wash his body" aka shower lol.. Get to track and do a fuel pump/throttle body swap to try to gain some horses and then rush back for dyno run again. Finally bike was up to 105HP and it was time to just go race.. With new tires on warmers we got the bike up to hot pit and waited for the races. One thing I left out of Sat was the fan walk. This is the time when ALL fans can come out to hot pit and meet riders and see bikes. Tons of teams had posters and free nick nacks to give out. We had learned that our 2 HOTTIE umbrella girls could use their special skills to draw the crowd so we gave them center stage. Talk about a blast having all the fans come over and say hello and show the true love they have for the sport!!!!

RACE 2:

The start from sat had we tweaked so I honestly held back a little more than avg. Got away clean and a couple ahead of last and then the motors went past. The last guy to pass me was in the back strait ahead of me when Puff puff of black smoke and a very fast deceleration mad me go around. As I knew I was in last again and was beggingi to fear the lead group at my rear. I stepped it up as hard as I could and could see the 3 riders ahead of me getting closer. Then at lap 8/9 I saw that dreaded BLUE flad again and knew the train was close. I moved the hell over and looked and only saw 1st and 2nd even close so once passed I went back at it. 1 lap later the red flag flew and my first AMA race weeknd was done.

IWe now know how to hit mid-ohio and I will come with a motor or 2 to give it a better shot. This shit was GREAT and I hope to be able to keep up with at least a couple of them lol.

THANKS to.......

SPONSORS

HINDLE

LM Motorsports

614 painworx

bestem

motozen

HUGE HUGE HUGE thnks to my pit crew!!!

TUNA

MOLLY

GRAPE

TRISH

My mom and granma

and ALL the junkies and friends who sent me PM's and text in support!!

MID OHIO its ONNNNNNN!!!

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s386/Assfaultjunkies23/AMA/DSC_0164.jpg

Edited by gixxie750
  • Upvote 1

Loved the write up on AFJ, I cant post there from work, but read it like 10 times just to try to get the feeling you had out there man. It's beyond a dream for me to even race competively in MS so I figure I can live it through reading aobut it.

Congrats!

Not trying to hit on anyone's wife/girlfriend/sister, and with all due respect as always, but the ladies above look just fine to me...

:D

Right on.

And I bet those two know more about bikes than 80% of the other umbrella girls on the grid. That adds points :D

@gixxie750 Wow dude it's actually you, I can't believe I found you!!! I'm that young college kid that was hanging out with the HMGP crew and I was from Dayton Ohio. I watched you all rebuild that bike from the ground up. You guys worked super hard that night.

I also ran into you when your shifter went out on turn 9, that was a big bummer.

Are you doing any more races this year? Any near Ohio? Do you need an Official Photographer?

I think I read somewhere he planned on doing 4 rounds this year with mid Ohio being one of them

I'd go watch him race. Hell I'll even cheer him on. Who wants to make an AFJ thong for me to wear? I know I can get Joe and Yota to wear AFJ thongs also.

I'd go watch him race. Hell I'll even cheer him on. Who wants to make an AFJ thong for me to wear? I know I can get Joe and Yota to wear AFJ thongs also.

Wait, if there are man thongs being made and Im not invited, I will be super pissed.

@gixxie750 Wow dude it's actually you, I can't believe I found you!!! I'm that young college kid that was hanging out with the HMGP crew and I was from Dayton Ohio. I watched you all rebuild that bike from the ground up. You guys worked super hard that night.

I also ran into you when your shifter went out on turn 9, that was a big bummer.

Are you doing any more races this year? Any near Ohio? Do you need an Official Photographer?

Hey.... He is running Mid-O in July and we will be there again... Hopefully not dropping motor in/out and the shifter has been safety wired. I am the big guy on his crew. May have seen you/not talked to you

Sup man! Yep I will be racing at mid-ohio AMA round. Come down to the pits and say hello!