2007 cbr600rr

Hollywood33

Posting this for a friend. 2007 CBR600RR for sale. Black. This would be a perfect track/race bike for someone. It is currently in street trim, but my buddy never got the title for it so he's just selling it as a track bike. I would have bought this bike if I hadn't already spent all winter building my current track bike. Has around 14,000 miles I believe. It's pretty damn clean too for the most part. It was dropped at low speeds, scratched up a couple fairings that have been re-painted. Not that it really matters as he's selling it as a track bike. Structurally, everything looks pretty good. New Pirelli Diablo Rossi II tires. All stock. Seriously, this is a great deal. You could probably buy it and then sell off all the street parts and have a hell of a base for a track bike for like 2 grand.

$3000 OBO

Call him if you're interested or for pics. Mark- 845-807-8634

Bike is currently in Cleveland (in my damn house actually)

EDIT for correct mileage

Edited by Hollywood33

No title. Just lost 95% of your buyers

This is exactly it. No title = huge price drop. Not a problem for track day guys or racers. Not sure if it can be titled, sounds like there is a paperwork issue that has turned into more of a hassle than my buddy is willing to deal with. He got a sick deal on it so he's just trying to unload it.

EDIT: It actually has 14,000 miles.

This is exactly it. No title = huge price drop. Not a problem for track day guys or racers. Not sure if it can be titled, sounds like there is a paperwork issue that has turned into more of a hassle than my buddy is willing to deal with. He got a sick deal on it so he's just trying to unload it.

EDIT: It actually has 14,000 miles.

Can you get more info on where it's at in the title process? I'm willing to do the work and research on getting it titled.

All you need to do to get a duplicate title is fill out this form. Unless of course... it's stolen >.<

http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3774.pdf

Can you get more info on where it's at in the title process? I'm willing to do the work and research on getting it titled.

All you need to do to get a duplicate title is fill out this form. Unless of course... it's stolen >.<

http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3774.pdf

Alright so here's the deal, as I was skeptical at first as well. My buddy bought the bike from a guy who had never gotten it titled. That guy did give my friend the title signed by him and the original seller, and a bill of sale. VIN matches up. My buddy also has paper saying the original lien has been satisfied. We've run multiple checks to verify it isn't stolen (although I personally can't guaruntee this). Why the guy my buddy bought it from never got it titled, I don't know. My buddy bougt it from the guy for cheap with the original goal of getting it titled, but it now looks like it is going to have to go through a lengthy process to do so. Possibly involving the courts, I'm not really sure. My buddy buys and sells vehicles pretty regularly and just doesn't want to deal with it, so he's dumping it cheap. This whole situation is why he's just listing/selling it as a track bike, with no guaruntee that it can be titled. This is the reason it is so cheap. Again, sick deal for a racer. However, my buddy will give the new buyer all the paper work he has from the previous owner.

If anyone is really interested, just call Mark, the owner, at the number I listed in the original post.

3k is a little high for a high mileage track bike with no goodies. Im interested but not at 3k. How much of OBO is there?

I think it's a pretty good deal for a clean, not beat down, base for a track bike build. However, I know he'd consider less (within reason). Call him if you'd like and make an offer.

i love how all these bikes start popping up when I decided to get serious about buying a house and not tracking. Mykill is on the right track, I'd go $2300...maybe $2500 if I wanted it

• Upvote 1

Alright. I called my mom and Mark. My mom is a notary and works for the state of Ohio. Here is what has to be done. The second and third buyer do not matter because it is still titled in the first buyers name. You can call the county in Kentucky where he titled it and contact the first buyer. The first buyer can apply for a lost title and then sign that title over to the last buyer. Then you would have to transfer that title to Ohio. But at that point it is yours and you have a clear title. I got the VIN and the first buyers name. I'm going to contact him.

The problem there though is if the first buyer is not a stand up guy then he can report the bike stolen and get it back and there's nothing that can be done about it.

The other option is have the second buyer title the bike in his name in Kentucky because he has the signature on the title. Then transfer the title to Ohio and transfer the title again to the third buyer.

It's not as complicated as it sounds really. The hardest part is getting the first buyer to meet you at the title agency in Kentucky.

It does sound like a pain in the ass, but honestly, if I were my buddy (Mark) I would probably go through the hassle and just get the title. Then he could probably sell it for close to 5 grand. But I guess he just doesn't want to deal with it. Or if I had 3 grand I would buy it myself, get the title, and make a few thousand.

Too bad I'm a broke racer with all my money tied up in the race season. Fuck.

Not necessarily. You can make a contract on purchase contingent on the first owner signing the title to you. So you're legally obligated to pay Mark

I like this idea though. But Bad324 is right, it's dealing with the original owner that might be the issue.

Chances are original owner will tell you to f off and that is assuming you can even get ahold of him. And I doubt he will sell it on a BS contingency.

ABD stay on you 250r for the rest of the season and get experience. Sell it in the fall and buy in the winter. Youll do just fine.

Chances are original owner will tell you to f off and that is assuming you can even get ahold of him. And I doubt he will sell it on a BS contingency.

ABD stay on you 250r for the rest of the season and get experience. Sell it in the fall and buy in the winter. Youll do just fine.

I agree with you. Sometimes my want exceeds my need lol. I am going to try to help him get the title though so he can sell it for more. I love a good mystery.

• 3 weeks later...