Cedar Point tearing down Wildcat

Casper

Is that the old wood one? If so, I made sure to ride it everytime I went there.

Gotta pay homage to the classics.

Edit: just looked it up. Never rode it. I was thinking of the Blue Streak. It was looking pretty punky last time I rode it.

Edited by max power

Sad but if they put something as cool as maverick I am cool with it. I just wish they would bring back the dolphins.

you would go to cedar point and watch the dolphins. My CP plan didn't have time for sitting around being lame :p

Sad but if they put something as cool as maverick I am cool with it. I just wish they would bring back the dolphins.

I remember the dolphins!!! When I was little I got chosen for one of the displays and got to go down and play with the dolphins and make them do tricks! It was awesome!

you would go to cedar point and watch the dolphins. My CP plan didn't have time for sitting around being lame :p

Meh, my grand parents lived 20 min from cp then when we moved up here from Texas we were 30 min away. I can go when ever and see all the cool shit :p

Now that I think about it I am surprised they haven't torn down the aquarium to build a new ride there.

I remember the dolphins!!! When I was little I got chosen for one of the displays and got to go down and play with the dolphins and make them do tricks! It was awesome!

Striker, misty, coco, and I forget the 4ths name I want to say flash.

Yeah dolphin shows were awesome. Plus it was like a little break from the madness in July/August.

The Wildcat was fun because it was like a fair ride at CP. Loved walking in from the Marina entrance on weekdays living up there and jumping on it, then heading to all the big coasters.

The Blue Streak will never get torn down, its an Icon, and one of the oldest running roller coasters in the world.

Meh, my grand parents lived 20 min from cp then when we moved up here from Texas we were 30 min away. I can go when ever and see all the cool shit :p

Now that I think about it I am surprised they haven't torn down the aquarium to build a new ride there.

actually thats a valid point I'm surprised they haven't replaced it too

I'm only 45 mins on the turnpike. In high school we had season passes and went a good 10-12x a year. I miss those days

Never had the chance to go to cedar point but we have Kings Island down here and I love the old rides especially the Beast! They need to tear down the Son of Beast though it does nothing hasn't run in years, I rode it once to say I did and that ride really beats the shit outta you, hell that's why they closed it.

Never had the chance to go to cedar point but we have Kings Island down here and I love the old rides especially the Beast! They need to tear down the Son of Beast though it does nothing hasn't run in years, I rode it once to say I did and that ride really beats the shit outta you, hell that's why they closed it.

kings island is shit compared to Cedar Point. I lived there for 6 years and didn't go once even though I could've gone for free anytime I wanted. Cedar Point is the pinnacle of Thrill Ride Park and once you go nothing will live up to it. That is my experience at least.

Though now that Cedar Fair bought it, I bet it is probably getting better

Wood coasters opposes to steel are always going to be a rougher jerkier ride no matter age vs a steel coaster. Just the nature of the beast!

Wildcat was an all steel roller coaster but had the square rails like the old wooden roller coasters. Its the rail type that makes for a jerky ride and the wildcat definitely delivered :D

In any one doesnt remember the Wildcat was across from the entrance to the Iron Dragon and was that small compact roller coaster with 4 seat independent cars. Not a great coaster and not surprised they got rid of it, but I found it fun. Especially because lines were usually short. Probably it only stayed around because it took up so little space and it added to the number of roller coasters they could brag about.

Craig