MotoSeries 5/19 and 5/20 (2012) - roll call

redkow97

I'm in, but skipping the gayness on Saturday, but using my credits to race Sunday. The mini-me is coming and we got babysitting suty for the youngest one Saturday. Might head up Saturday night and stay with Fagyra, I mean, Neyra...

Mid-Ohio was an eye opener. I need some seat time! This old man was riding like a tool bag and felt like I hadn't touched my mountain bike for a year!

I'm in, but skipping the gayness on Saturday, but using my credits to race Sunday. The mini-me is coming and we got babysitting suty for the youngest one Saturday. Might head up Saturday night and stay with Fagyra, I mean, Neyra...

Mid-Ohio was an eye opener. I need some seat time! This old man was riding like a tool bag and felt like I hadn't touched my mountain bike for a year!

What? Skipping the gayness, can we at least shower at the same time, they have multiple stalls, but we need to conserve water.

Marty,

Can I pre-order with the PDF form at the track? Just promise to only shoot my right side bodywork with the good shots, my left has some duct tape on it. lol. Not to mention I don't plan to run a ton Saturday, more Friday then Sunday for the race.

You won't be shooting Friday will you?

yes you can. I will be shooting Friday as well. I can try and photoshop out the NickTape, I mean duct tape.

Just a reminder to everyone that has a transponder, to get it charged up and bring your brackets.

WORD!

I was late for work this morning because I realized I needed to charge mine, and couldn't find it! (I had it out to get the number for registration last week...)

I'll have my charger with me if anyone totally forgets to plug theirs in. I wonder what kind of wattage it draws from the generator :p

Not much. I usually just use my trucks 12v Adapter, but it takes a bit longer then a normal plug in. Also, think about the power fluctuation/Pulse on a "std gene" vs normal. A std gene changes a lot on the power stream and could potentially damage electronics.

Not much. I usually just use my trucks 12v Adapter, but it takes a bit longer then a normal plug in. Also, think about the power fluctuation/Pulse on a "std gene" vs normal. A std gene changes a lot on the power stream and could potentially damage electronics.

Cell phone batteries are a perfect example of bad days with this too. I normally use my car charger vs. plugging a cell into a genny.

I havent used my transponder yet, registered it on Mylaps, so hopefully it works lol.

i was planning on using my genny to charge my phone... is that a bad idea then? will it damage it?

Not always, it all depends on the surge as stated below. I mean doing it every now and then isn't going to really matter, but the constant surging of like every weekend, wouldn't be good.

My old champion gene was terrible for electronics...tried it once on my computer and never again. Though with the new yamy inverter, its not an issue anymore.

That's why. See when we run genny's through our tt's or campers, it wont matter because we have invertors in line to make it balanced. Gennerators don't usually have those, only invertors, hence why they are "constant" and level power.

Generators are not.

I am thinking of signing up for the races sunday and have a few questions... i already signed up for the trackday saturday and i remember hearing that i can get a discount for signing up for the trackday saturday and the races sunday? i am taking the race school saturday so maybe i should just sign up at the track with todd and work out the discount? how much of a discount is it anyway?

For Nelson I think it knocks $75 off the track day if you sign up for a race. And Todd doesn't charge for a license for the first race either. You get to use your "provisional" license your first one.

I am thinking of signing up for the races sunday and have a few questions... i already signed up for the trackday saturday and i remember hearing that i can get a discount for signing up for the trackday saturday and the races sunday? i am taking the race school saturday so maybe i should just sign up at the track with todd and work out the discount? how much of a discount is it anyway?

The discount does NOT apply to race school, you are not a license racer yet. The discount is for licensed racers that are just doing the track day and not the race school. Thus the next time you go to nelson if you sign up for saturday and sunday you will receive the discount. This discount only applies for nelson dates.