Shinko 010 Apex review

DirtDee675

Bought my bike new last year in June (cool story bro) which came with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Sp's. Used these the whole season which for me was roughly 5000 miles last year. The rear was cooked and I was going to just replace it with oe as the front seemed to have some good life left, but in my search I stumbled upon Shinko tires which I didn't know much about at the time. For about $20 bucks less than a rear Supercorsa alone I got a 120/70/17 and a 180/50/17 Shinko 010 Apex shipped to my door. I have about 200 miles on them and I would rate them very high. The initial turn in was a bit better with the Pirelli tire but the shinko's warm up just as fast and hold a corner very well. I hate to say it but I think it feels a bit "stickier" than the supercorsa's which I fell in love with last year. The price is what makes them worth getting again for sure. I had a $10 credit toward the purchase putting them at $194 shipped for front and rear and they got to my house in 2 days.

shinkos, very polarizing tires, people either love them or hate them, very little in between. glad they work out for you.

Very polarizing tires indeed but I have zero experience with them so I can't pass judgment on them. I am used to the theory of you get what you pay for but I also know that sometimes you are just paying for a name.

I am currently getting 1,500 to 1,800 miles out of a rear tire on the street without ever doing a burnout so your experience of getting 5K out of a tire might not translate. I'm sure that the Shinkos are wonderful tires when applied to the appropriate riding style and am glad you have found a tire that works for you. As a matter of endorsing them for others to use it becomes more difficult because riding styles differ so greatly. The grip might be adequate for someone that gets 5K out of a tire maybe not so much for someone that gets 2K.

I get 7-8 k out of a rear, double that for a front, sometimes I will spin the tire when launching on less than perfectly dry pavement, or when it's a little cold out, and sometimes my front wheel pops off the pavement from rocking the throttle so hard from a start, also I have heard my rear wheel screech a second after I kick the shifter 3 times and dump clutch to pass someone.

I am currently getting 1,500 to 1,800 miles out of a rear tire on the street without ever doing a burnout so your experience of getting 5K out of a tire might not translate. I'm sure that the Shinkos are wonderful tires when applied to the appropriate riding style and am glad you have found a tire that works for you. As a matter of endorsing them for others to use it becomes more difficult because riding styles differ so greatly. The grip might be adequate for someone that gets 5K out of a tire maybe not so much for someone that gets 2K.

Right, well that is why I described the mileage I did in a given season and the type of tire I used last time. It helps people gauge what type of riding I do. Also no where in my review did I tell you to go buy them, I said that I rate them pretty high(which is weird cuz it's a review). I tried them out because they got such mixed reviews and I thought id give it a try for how cheap they were. I also believe you get what you pay for and I would have no problem taking them off with a few hundred miles on them if they sucked but I'm having a pretty good experience so far.

Right, well that is why I described the mileage I did in a given season and the type of tire I used last time. It helps people gauge what type of riding I do. Also no where in my review did I tell you to go buy them, I said that I rate them pretty high(which is weird cuz it's a review). I tried them out because they got such mixed reviews and I thought id give it a try for how cheap they were. I also believe you get what you pay for and I would have no problem taking them off with a few hundred miles on them if they sucked but I'm having a pretty good experience so far.

I may even give them a try sometime in the hopes of reducing the tire expense of riding a stupid 1K on the street.

I understand you posted your mileage I was just reiterating how important that information is to others that might overlook its importance to grip being accessed.