Radio Stolen last night..

TwiztedRabbit

i just had to throw it out. i know there is no chance of finding it and insurance will replace it if i decide to file a claim(deductable is more than the radio was worth) last night between 11pm and 8 this morning my Jensen Double din radio/gps was taken out of my truck. the truck was locked and in the driveway, there was NO forced entry. the rear hatch was slightly open this morning. i honestly dont know how they got in. my only thought it that when taking boxed out of the truck earlier in the night that i didnt close the hatch all the way. i just had that radio installed by best buy about 3 months ago. who ever took it didnt damage anything the dash is intact the radio wasnt ripped out the screws are sitting in the cup holder. and no other compartment was rifled through. everything is in its place.

not really venting just stating... i hate that i work hard for nice things just to have some jackhole take it from me.

random knowledge. i live in a very nice neighborhood, very well lit area. right off polaris. so for those that dont lock their cars or think their safe. your never safe

was/is a thought of mine... just noticed the garage door opener was taken off the sun visor. so i unplugged the garage door opener in the garage take that fuckers... no way you are getting into our motorcycles. on the brighter side.. ive already re-intalled the factory unit. simple as they never broke anything AND we are moving in just under a month to a new home soooo... yeah

coulda been worse....ive seen people tear cars up to get a radio out...at least they were neat about it

i wouldnt really say inside job, but perhaps somebody who has the same truck and wanted to make sure not to tear up the install kit and wiring.....that would be my best guy but who knows

shitty situation

Ive had mine stolen a few times in my day. Save yourself the trouble and dont beat yourself up about who may or may not have done it. It is what it is. 99.99% of the time it will never be found. I have learned that if someone wants something out of your car they are going to get it day or night. My car i dont lock. Who wants a factory Chrysler tape deck with no other valuables in it? Now the jeep i lock just to keep the ones looking for an easy unlocked car out. It sucks but without going to extreme measures what are you going to do? Odds are you were just some random victim and probaly not the only one that night. But if you do find them punch'em in the face a few times for me!:D

If u need another installed I can do it for u. I never trust anyone with my vehicles. Especially any form of in car entertainment free install or not. It's just to convenient for someone to know how it's installed, what was installed, security measures, and your address. I work at a dealer and have been installing subs, tv's and radios for years. It sounds like u have it handled though. I fuckin hate thieves.

• Upvote 1

was/is a thought of mine... just noticed the garage door opener was taken off the sun visor. so i unplugged the garage door opener in the garage take that fuckers... no way you are getting into our motorcycles. on the brighter side.. ive already re-intalled the factory unit. simple as they never broke anything AND we are moving in just under a month to a new home soooo... yeah

Make sure you reprogram the other garage door opener if you have one. Or just get new ones and reprogram them all. Most the new units have a cycling code so anytime you do one, you have to do them all if its a full reprogram.

Sorry to hear man sucks.

^this i didnt know... i only had the one opener. so i would have to get a universal. i honestly have no idea how old the opener is because we are renting the home, again i'll be stressed slightly till we move next month. im not going to spend 30 bucks for a door opener when we leave in a month.. im not honesty concerned with who did it.. i just thought it funny...

STANDOUT- i agree with you.. i always install my own stuff for that reason, but i didnt know how to do the bose wiring harness and i was under a time constraint with getting it done before a trip.. so friends couldnt help

I just had my radio, amps, and subwoofer box in the trunk stolen about 3 months ago. I live in dublin and also thought "hey good neighborhood, good lighting, parked right outside my door, I'm okay" Notsomuch!

Police wouldnt even come out if it wasn't at least $5000 worth of stuff, told me to file a report online :wtf:.

Spit happens i guess :nono:

Not even going to replace it, I done with aftermarket goodies that make people want to take what I have worked for.

When I first moved to Columbus back in 2002, my dad lived in an apartment in New Albany while his house was being built. I had to leave my 1985 Dodge Aries SE there while I was at college. Well it was not the most desirable care but had a pioneer deck, alpine speakers, and rockford amp/subs and was stolen. Police found it later stripped of all my goodies.

My dad's current house, I left my Maxima with a much better system unlocked every night and never thought twice. So I guess the moral of my story is I understand where your coming from and it sucks. I miss my systems :(

Wow, people still steal car stereos? How retro!

Hide your shit, take the cover plate off (if it has one) and hide the amps and use OEM grills for the speakers if at all possible. Tint the windows as dark as you dare and be prepared to maim the fuck out of the theif with a baseball bat backed with a concealed hand cannon.

Also, don't go around thumpin your shit in the neighborhood like some brokedick G in the ghetto. :D

Not saying that you do, TR.

That sucks, man. I'm sorry to hear. I had my car vandalized a few years ago. They didn't take anything or break any windows, they just beat the crap outta my car, jumped on top of it, and took my right side mirror. A witness called the cops, but they never came. Apparently, it was some random drunk guy who no one in the complex even knew. I didn't want to pay the $500 deductible for just cosmetics since I was a broke college student. I still drive it and the dents make me sad.

yeah cant take head unit off its a well was a fixed double din, i have a factory bose system so the radio was ony thing they could get/want... i dont bump anymore.. haha since like 05 haha... and my windows are tinted 20% all the way around...

also noticed they broke into my enclosed trailer they could break the masterlock but they did break the loop hole the lock goes through... i keep nothing in the trailer but straps so it was a fritless endevor for themm.. pissed none the less

Make sure you reprogram the other garage door opener if you have one. Or just get new ones and reprogram them all. Most the new units have a cycling code so anytime you do one, you have to do them all if its a full reprogram.

Sorry to hear man sucks.

Bingo. Grab the model number and see if you can snag the manual online. Find a compatible opener, blank out all the existing remotes, and enjoy your garage again.

I've been lucky enough to never have a stereo/amp/speakers stolen from any of my vehicles, but I did have a TransAm that was broken into and got a new guitar stolen years ago. $800 electric, gone - home owner's insurance covered it since it wasn't "installed" in/or part of the vehicle.

I think it would be a great idea to mount a small airbag directly behind the stereo so the next time someone tries taking it out of the dash - bam! busted hands and face!

Just an fyi for all the people who live in "good neighborhoods". Thieves don't steal from broke people. They go to the "good neighborhoods" and steal there. Doesn't matter how nice the neighborhood is they can't keep people out

this wouldnt have happened if you lived in ashtabula county

most of ashtabula county...

might get it stolen on station avenue, or the apartment complex on 307...

I don't go there too often, just because I have no reason to be there. However, I'd still feel 100% safe walking through either of those neighborhoods at any hour of the night or day...

vandalism, petty theft, it happens from time to time, occasionally someone even tries to rob a bank on a bicycle, then cuts across the police department parking lot during their getaway ride dropping bills all over the place.

shootings and murders are 95% angry spouse, and 5% meth deals gone bad, (even with all of that, murder is a rare trick out here) but again, I'm not a meth dealer/manufacturer and I'm not married, so I'm pretty safe.

i moved from that apartment complex. last year.. that area was every night lol.. the crime stats last i looked here were not near as bad.. anyways doesnt matter it happens

Same here man. I had my truck broken into and Ethan had his truck broken into twice when we lived at that apartment complex. Sorry to hear about your current situation but moving out of Fieldstone was great. I used to call it "Little Mexico." In my new house, I make sure that all my stuff fits in the garage. I even drunkenly left my garage open all night the other night and nothing got stolen. I'm so happy I moved from there. It seems like that side of Park Rd and everything south of there was "bad." I moved closer to Polaris, within Lewis Center and haven't seen or had one issue (yet, that is). Just like I saw earlier in this thread....if people want anything you have, they'll get it. Definitely good that nothing was busted up of yours.