Riding to the Gap

Jst2fst

Hey, I'm just curious as to who is gonna be riding their bikes down to the gap. wht-scorpion and myself are heading down to the Gap on the 6th and were just gonna slab it. If anyone anyone else is heading down there on that day we can meet up and just head in together if you don't mind slabbing. Does not matter really if you are on the bike either. Just gonna take our time on getting there and site see along that way there. Times for leaving for the gap is gonna be before 9 on the 6th. Coming back from the gap on the 10th time were gonna leave there is TBA

I wonder if I can talk Kent into an IronButt backroads trip. One day down would be a serious challenge on a Hayabusa' date=' though.[/quote']

It's not the riding a Hayabusa that would make it hard, it's the fact that I am old! LOL I see you are going to try for the 1000 miles in 24 hours on the 22nd.

We can try for one day down on 2 lanes, if I can't do it I'll stop & get a room & you can keep going. The most I have done in 1 day was a little under 700 miles with Speedytriple(Mike) a few years ago.

Take routes 62 and 68 to Lexington, slab I-75 from Lexington, Cinci. traffic sucks, can be stop and go (road construction everywhere), I just came back from there yesterday.

I'm gonna go over a route plan sometime this week and take those routes into suggestion. Ive ridden 350 miles in one day its 430 from my place to the gap so I should be alright.

It's not the riding a Hayabusa that would make it hard, it's the fact that I am old! LOL I see you are going to try for the 1000 miles in 24 hours on the 22nd.

What would the org say Howbusa their a lot of old timers on that site.

Hey guys I75 south near jellico is shut down due to a sink hole that took out the highway. They have signs posted for a detour. If u get directed right its a good road, but try not to get stuck behind a semi truck. :)

Hey guys I75 south near jellico is shut down due to a sink hole that took out the highway. They have signs posted for a detour. If u get directed right its a good road, but try not to get stuck behind a semi truck. :)

not any more, one lane open as of monday... http://news.tn.gov/node/8857