Like/want to build computers? Get in hurrrrrr

jbot

alright guys. i'm typing this from the new desktop. thanks to everyone (well, almost everyone) for their input and help.

this is what i ended up with:

i5 3570k

asus p8z77-v pro

vertex 3 240gb ssd

evga 560 ti

8gb corsair vengeance ddr3 1600

windows 7 pro (after i put on some cheap sata dvd)

i still need to slap on a HDD (I have one around here somewhere), and I might add a 16gb kit later (2x 8gb).

it took a couple days cause i've been running around, but it's working well right now. i haven't bothered with OC'ing it yet, but i may do that later on for shits and giggles. i will say, diablo runs really super smooth on it lol.

i think i came in around 900 or so. it was more than i originally planned, but i also didn't plan on going with such a "fancy" video card and bigger SSD. otherwise, i'm well in my planned budget. i saved a bunch by going with the i5 and z77 board over the i7 with x79 board. while i didn't build with "future proofing" in mind, i feel i have a lot of options to upgrade with this board if the time comes without having to dismantle the whole thing. so it was a good balance for me.

thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Congrats on your new computer!

i haven't bothered with OC'ing it yet, but i may do that later on for shits and giggles.

I typically have no choice but to OC my desktops.

Portable-Computer.jpg

Though, I'm usually able to conceal my laptops... I don't have a permit though, shhhhhhh.

alright guys. i'm typing this from the new desktop. thanks to everyone (well, almost everyone) for their input and help.

i5 3570k

asus p8z77-v pro

vertex 3 240gb ssd

evga 560 ti

i still need to slap on a HDD (I have one around here somewhere), and I might add a 16gb kit later (2x 8gb).

it took a couple days cause i've been running around, but it's working well right now. i haven't bothered with OC'ing it yet, but i may do that later on for shits and giggles. i will say, diablo runs really super smooth on it lol.

i think i came in around 900 or so. it was more than i originally planned, but i also didn't plan on going with such a "fancy" video card and bigger SSD. otherwise, i'm well in my planned budget. i saved a bunch by going with the i5 and z77 board over the i7 with x79 board. while i didn't build with "future proofing" in mind, i feel i have a lot of options to upgrade with this board if the time comes without having to dismantle the whole thing. so it was a good balance for me.

thanks again!

Well done. It was a tossup for me too between the 560Ti and the Radeon 6870, I ended up with the Radeon.

I think he has Diablo :D

i5 3570k

asus p8z77-v pro

vertex 3 240gb ssd

evga 560 ti

thanks again!