The Vatican lists new sins....

Casper

My wife is catholic even though she never goes, because I won't. Her family is ALL catholic. It drives me crazy. That religion is SO HUGE, but such a joke! I hate it when we all eat and they say some catholic prayer and then say, father, son, holyghost and do the cross motion with their hands. I just sit there with my eyes open and feel embarrassed.

Religion shouldn't be some HUGE organization. It should be within yourself. I have my beliefs and I go nowhere to practice them. I practice my beliefs within myself. I have my own beliefs, therefore my own personal religion. I nor you need a huge organization to worship something you believe in. It's totally rediculous how silly/ignorant human beings can be.

i was raised in a pretty strict religious family. and i catch grief from my sisters all the time for not showing up to church unless its a holiday. i just tell her just cuz she does her worshiping in a church and i do mine in my bed or my car on the way to work, or even in the garage when im alone dont make her more of a christian than me.

My wife is catholic even though she never goes, because I won't. Her family is ALL catholic. It drives me crazy. That religion is SO HUGE, but such a joke! I hate it when we all eat and they say some catholic prayer and then say, father, son, holyghost and do the cross motion with their hands. I just sit there with my eyes open and feel embarrassed.

Im glad im not the only one that feels out of place in that situation.

catholosism makes no sense to me, I dont understand all the religious ceremonies and stuff. The bible says repent to god, and they repent to a priest, the bible says God hates religion, but they pray with beads, and say that the red wine is REALLY jesus' blood! (gross) The bible says that the only way to god is through christ, but they pray through mary. this is what really blows my mind...the bible says to sell what you have and give to the poor, bless the poor, least of these...etc. But when i see cathedrals, i see mass gold, huge ceilings, stained glass windows with jesus with a gold crown...jesus was homeless! Some of those people wouldnt know jesus if he rolled up on a Ducati in a red suit and bit one of their deacons.

No offense to any catholics on this board, but i wish i knew a devout catholic so i could debate with them

Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.

~Karl Marx

Religion is the opium of the masses.

~Karl Marx

All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason. ~Immanuel Kant

Faith means intense, usually confident, belief that is not based on evidence sufficient to command assent from every reasonable person.

~Walter Kaufmann

I agree w all of you that have posted so far and thats why I dont waste my

time w the roman catholic faith that I was raised with. If it makes you happy then great but I have a good idea of how to live my life without someone else telling me if i am right or not. I can make up my own mind. Its called individualism and if your compass works you can guide yourself without someone moving the magnet to where they want it. Its no better than the other side with the church of liberalism and its indisputable truths on global warming.

What's with the pink sliders? Is that so we know which one's like little boys and which ones don't?

art.vatican.sins.ap.jpg

look at the guy at the top left. keep the children away! AHHH

catholosism makes no sense to me' date=' I dont understand all the religious ceremonies and stuff. The bible says repent to god, and they repent to a priest, the bible says God hates religion, but they pray with beads, and say that the red wine is REALLY jesus' blood! (gross) The bible says that the only way to god is through christ, but they pray through mary. this is what really blows my mind...the bible says to sell what you have and give to the poor, bless the poor, least of these...etc. But when i see cathedrals, i see mass gold, huge ceilings, stained glass windows with jesus with a gold crown...jesus was homeless! Some of those people wouldnt know jesus if he rolled up on a Ducati in a red suit and bit one of their deacons.

No offense to any catholics on this board, but i wish i knew a devout catholic so i could debate with them[/quote']

Well said. It's funny cuz the local catholic church in hilliard holds parties every year, where they all get together drink alochol and gamble..ironic huh. :p

Well said. It's funny cuz the local catholic church in hilliard holds parties every year, where they all get together drink alochol and gamble..ironic huh. :p

:eek: I live down the street from one, maybe 1/4mile. They have a festival every year here in Kettering at a HighSchool/Church called Alter. They have alcohol consumption and gambling to raise money for the church. :lol:

:lol: I had a theology prof once tell me that the only difference between a religion and a cult is that a cult is a religion that the other religions don't like.

I'm not an atheist at all, but that is so true. I just don't take my beliefs to a building full of hypocrits wanting my money or led by someone trying to spew their own beliefs upon the whole congregation.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the first four years of my education in a catholic school, before I asked my mom to put me in a public school to save my sanity. I remember when we had to pray before class and one kid asked us to pray for his sister, who had the shits, and I had to hold back a laugh. Being an atheist is alot less time-consuming than being a member of a cult. Besides, I don't think I want to spend eternity with a virgin named Mary. A man needs to have a little action now and again but she only puts out for The Holy Spirit.

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.