GoPro picking up a lot of wind noise

JStump

The waterproof one. I had an epiphany just now though. The draft from my windscreen goes right into my face, I bet it is catching that. I will have to try sticking it to the fairings or rear set to see if it picks up less noise.

4:06 mark. That is one sexy truck.

(I saw you on the bike, but didn't realize you were running films)

Yeah, just trying it out and seeing how well it would look on my helmet. Got a few different mounts to play with on the trip, got one for the rear set/handlebars and the giant suction cup mount for the fairings and helmet.

waterproof cover for high speeds they say, if you taking it on a trip make sure you buy some fog free inserts as the water proof back causes lens to fog up and loosing all footage, i use the other one since i dont want to risk loosing good footages, but it s quite windy and hence have to use crappy back ground music :(

what case do you have?

te waterproof case is A LOT better and getting rid of wind noise than the open back.. i even think that Go PRo states something about what case to use and when.. about wind noise

Which door were you using? The waterproof or the other one? The waterproof one helps with wind noise.

I believe you guy's are wrong, the vented "non water proof" case is better for wind noise.

I had thoughts about putting some painters tape over the holes in the vented back to take the edge off the wind noise and abate it some. Maybe a couple of layers. Maybe give that a shot.

He said he was using the water prof one, or non vented. Which is the one that gopro says isn't good for wind noise. Are you saying you still get the noise with the vented one? I have never used the vented one, but thinking about trying it next Mustang cruise I go on.

http://www.thewindcutter.com/shop/

http://www.evomn.net/forums/showthread.php?7262-Cheap-fix-for-cutting-wind-noise-on-a-GoPro

Edited by M_Quick