Stock seat with solo cover

Sargent seat

Speedo healer and a sprocket or two

There is not a scratch on this bike

photobucket-15291-1338859989773.jpg

photobucket-22378-1338860038660.jpg

photobucket-16624-1338860009424.jpg

Edited by wicked94s10

Biggest mistake I ever made was selling my Superhawk 996. Paid 1500 for it, sold it for 2250, and even after having it for a year and making that I regret it. I want another one to commute on.

If this didn't have chromes, I'd think about looking at purchasing.

Dude, Iam not sure on the FZ1, but that is sick and if it runs like mine... I dont get it (the trade).

I like the bike but dude it's not all that fast. I used to smoke my buddy on his all the time with ease with my R6.

Edited by serpentracer

I like the looks of the z1000 but have never ridden one. I'm open to the idea of it. I have always been a fan of the fz1. Its a great all around bike, i'm not looking to be the fastest. I go for distance more than speed. I like to put down miles and the fz1 is a good bike to do that on

I had an FZ1 (gen 1) for several years, they are great bikes. The Z1000 has some more low end, feels a bit more torquey but lacks wind protection where the FZ1 has moderate to good wind protection depending on the screen you have on there. The wind on the Z doesn't bother me until up over 80, then it becomes noticeable but not unbearable. You might check over on the FZ1OA forums, it gets a lot of traffic...might find some takers.

I have a 2006 FZ1 that I think I may have to sell soon. I'll know by the end of the month what my situation is. 13,000 miles, a few mods, Yosh slip on, PowerCommander V. New Conti Road attacks (bought and mounted by Hoblick on here at the end of March) with about 1000 miles on them. She is clean and has been well maintained... There is one pic on my profile here, and if I have to sell, I'll have a bunch more......

I can't say a bad thing about either bike. I really like the power delivery of a twin, but the FZ1 has a very electric motor feel to it. I'd venture to say any current spec supersport or superbike will slaughter either of them, but if you wanted a racerep, you wouldn't be looking at the fz. The FZ is less fatiguing to ride than the 996, SV1k or the handful of Duc's I've ridden, but it just doesn't seem to have that wow factor after a ride, either.

What are you looking to get out of your Superhawk?

According to the internet, which of course is never wrong, my bike should be close to 140hp at the rear wheel.(which I hope to fine tune and confirm next month if I can keep the bike...)..That along with 1 tooth down on the front sprocket will let me stay mostly side by side all but the most newest crop of literbikes.... All while being a million times more comfortable..