Transforming

Saacattack

I went up to Mid O in May for two days on my Daytona and absolutely loved it. WAY more fun than on my 636 I had. That bike was just a little too big for me(frame wise). Although, this time around, I kind of got sucked into not enjoying the street as much as the track.

I was wondering how to go about making it a track bike. It's got some dings and scratches right now which doesn't bother me one bit. With that being said, I think this would be a great time to get inside and know all the other little things about my bike.

So my question is, how do I go about this? I don't need to make it a racing bike. but i figure making it set up for intermediate if i decide to jump into the chaos from time to time. It will be a slow transformation so I can really get a feel for it and figure out what I can tweak.

any advice or really any knowledge would be appreciated!

drill and wire: oil drain bolt, oil fill cap, coolant fill cap, and clamp-wire the oil filter. change out the coolant with water wetter+distilled water.

....that's it, unless you want track plastics. then there's a whole bunch more stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a couple spares of levers, pegs, shifters etc, just in case they are minor and that's all I need to replace.

So since there's not as much transforming as i thought, then what the fuck do you have to do to make it a racing bike? I know suspension and everything above but what else do you change?

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a couple spares of levers, pegs, shifters etc, just in case they are minor and that's all I need to replace.

So since there's not as much transforming as i thought, then what the fuck do you have to do to make it a racing bike? I know suspension and everything above but what else do you change?

You can race your stock bike safty wire and number plates is all that is needed

what i listed isn't even necessary for intermediate (you just need to change coolant to water wetter and distilled water, and RTV the oil drain bolt and fill cap). however, if you're sure you're going to be serious into track days, those are things you might as well do.

for racing, there's just a bit more to wire (brake bolts front and back, axle nut, and some other stuff). and you need a belly pan. TECHNICALLY, that is what's required. but i'd highly recommend getting full race plastics, sell of your OEM plastics for decent money, and spend it all on tires and fuel lol

that's really it though? just the stuff to safety wire?

Yup. Next optional steps are removing everything that needs taped (lights, mirrors), replacing everything that will crack into pieces if it hits the ground (stock plastics), and replacing other expensive stock parts with cheaper and/or more durable alternatives (clip-ons, rearsets, faring stay, etc.).

I'll leave it to the pros to argue about frame sliders, kickstands, electronic steering dampers and other controversial topics.