AfroCBR's Track Day Out West (in Willcox, AZ)

AfroCBR

Hello all,

As some of you may know I moved out to Tucson, AZ last June. I have completed 3 track days thus far, and am having a blast! My most recent track day was this past Saturday (6/9) in Willcox, AZ at Inde Motorsports Ranch. It is without a doubt the best track I have been to. Below is the first half of my video from that day where I was followed by a control rider. This was the first time I was consistently able to drag knee (instead of just touching knee and getting scared...lol :D). Any tips on my riding style or other critiques are welcome and encouraged.

I am moving to Dallas, TX next month and look forward to pursuing additional track days there. I will never forget the great times I've had in Ohio and still enjoy frequenting the site. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up :).

The video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqb6NiVSZU

Man I gotta get to that track.

Definitely do it bro! And let's ride before I get out of here on 7/2!!

What part of Dallas are you moving to?

Moving to a place called Grand Prairie, TX which is right in between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

Definitely do it bro! And let's ride before I get out of here on 7/2!!

Moving to a place called Grand Prairie, TX which is right in between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

I'll try. But my first born is being born today.

I know the area. I pretty much grew up in Denton/ highland village. I would love to move back at some point.

I was looking at the Denton area (nice area to live in!!). You should move back :D

Why the move?

I am just finishing up my predoctoral internship here in Tucson and heading to a postdoctoral fellowship in Dallas. You may need to start calling me Dr. Afrocbr Nick!

Nice riding, looks like a fun track for sure. My only critique would be looks like the control rider is taking some different lines than you in a couple of the corners. Watch your vid and try those?

Thanks for the critique! You're are correct....his lines are much cleaner than mine and I take some wrong lines completely on some turns. Thanks again...and ride safe :)