Home buying budget

Bad324

Yeah bro, I've offered my help to a few people, some have PM'd me, some haven't its not biggy either way, but this is what I do daily. I've worked in home lending for 6 years or so, from lending, refinancing, to purchases, etc.

If I can help let me know.

PM'd you apparently I should refinance since my current rate is 5.75%.

Yeah bro, I've offered my help to a few people, some have PM'd me, some haven't its not biggy either way, but this is what I do daily. I've worked in home lending for 6 years or so, from lending, refinancing, to purchases, etc.

If I can help let me know.

Thanks for all the info you offered via PM. It is nice to know that there are some really good people here!

+1 for Ohioriders peeps!

madcat, hit me up. I got a 30 year loan at 4.75 that I want to do some of that refinancing bullshit on, mebbe go down to a 15. Let's rap.

Bad, I gotta root around and find this sonuvabitch, but I was so pissed off when I was buying this house in 07 that there wasn't a simple, unified sheet where I can just throw numbers at, so I made an Excel sheet with interest/PMI (which I know you won't have) budget (per room!), down payment, all that shiz. When I do find it I'll hit you up and send it your way.

madcat, hit me up. I got a 30 year loan at 4.75 that I want to do some of that refinancing bullshit on, mebbe go down to a 15. Let's rap.

Bad, I gotta root around and find this sonuvabitch, but I was so pissed off when I was buying this house in 07 that there wasn't a simple, unified sheet where I can just throw numbers at, so I made an Excel sheet with interest/PMI (which I know you won't have) budget (per room!), down payment, all that shiz. When I do find it I'll hit you up and send it your way.

sweeeet! If you find that hit me up. I submitted my offer tonight and seeing what happens. Realtor just called and needed a few things from me and got half an answer, full answer should be coming tomorrow. I made an excel but its a shitty half ass one and yours sounds far better

Madcat, probably expect a PM from me tomorrow. I've been so busy with everything it completely escaped my mind to get any tips and tricks from ya!

The first problem I see is that you'll be paying a HOA fee. :nono: Move outside of the city, where you can shoot off your back porch! ;)

its funny because the city I would've like to move to that I can do that borders it. Unfortunately, anything worthy of me buying was well out of my price range :cry:

If the current offer is accepted, I will have by far gotten the best deal in this section of neighborhood for a premium lot

Suck it up and buy a little cottage in marble head.

Lol I lived the first year of my life in one of those little cottages.

On the note about newer houses being craptastic. My house was totally "renovated" when I bought it. I quickly found out renovated means crappy work. On the up side when stuff breaks I head down to Lowes and just look for the cheapest priced part, because without fail that is the part I need.

...and, oh yeah, congrats!

If it is a ryan home think twice about buying it, ask me how I know.

yea I wouldn't buy a Ryan home unless it was more than 50% less than its actual worth! Its a Pulte built home who also built the townhouse I'm in now and have no complaints

so anyone know a good way to estimate closing costs? Their counter is annoying so my counter is going to be equally annoying

$2500 maybe honestly there are a ton of variables. The way we wrote our offer was asking the seller to pay half of the closing costs up to $x.xx

Hone warranties suck just an FYI, if the seller offers is or pays for it great. We bought our house had an inspection done OTR microwave worked, when we moved it the microwave didn't work. Warranty refused to cover it. Ac had an issue

$75 deductible, repair was less than $80. Gas fireplace quit working, oh sorry that's not covered. We didn't renew, and when I explained why they stopped bothering us.

Edited by crb

Looking around at refinancing, I'm seeing closing costs around that area, anything from 2000 to low 3's, more if you're into paying points. When I refied in 09 I got out of paying PMI due to my credit score and the fact that I paid a point, you might be able to do the same.