Slowly becoming the slowest forum on the net?

NinjaNick

Site is running slow during peak times. Might have to bump up the hosting plan. We're seeing alot more traffic than originally anticipated, which is a good thing. We're seeing around a million hits per month which is killer, but slows the site down. We're on a shared Linux hosting plan with Godaddy. Probably going to bump it up to a virtual dedicated hosting plan. I'm looking at our options.

Sharing with GoDaddy?? And we don't get to meet the girl???

I'm on a T1 line and this is the slowest moving site in the past 2 weeks. Whaddup wif dat?

BTW, Satan, how can I donate to the site? Send you a check? I would like to hook you up brothaman. :cool:

I think its fixed now. What do you all think? Seems to be faster right?

Cool.

Seems I was pushing Godaddy's server a bit too much with the MySQL databases. Their server was running out of memory. Doh.

To respond to your "donate" question, you can donate money to Ohio Riders is a few ways. First, you could buy a raffle ticket for the track day or helmet/jacket. Or if you don't feel like having a chance to win anything, you can simply donate by clicking the donate link on the left side of the front page. Thanks man.

I think its fixed now. What do you all think? Seems to be faster right?

Cool.

Seems I was pushing Godaddy's server a bit too much with the MySQL databases. Their server was running out of memory. Doh.

To respond to your "donate" question, you can donate money to Ohio Riders is a few ways. First, you could buy a raffle ticket for the track day or helmet/jacket. Or if you don't feel like having a chance to win anything, you can simply donate by clicking the donate link on the left side of the front page. Thanks man.

I'm donating right now for you homie. I love this site and the most all the people on it, except maybe 2-3 which I'm sure I'd like them too if we met. :)

I can feel the love on here tonight. :D

• 3 weeks later...
It is CRAZY slow on this site today for some reason. It's been taking me near 3 minutes for a post to post or a page to load. All other websites are loading fast, so it's not my PC. :dunno:

I'm seeing the same thing right now. Starting to piss me off.

Anybody host web servers on here?

I'm seeing 3 - 4 secs. You're seeing 30 - 40 secs? Holy shit!? :eek:

Yeah. I was. cheking now.

Only other site I was having issues with is Gixxer.com but they have major issues with their ads...

Localriders.net I was not having issues.

• 3 years later...