Feeler: Custom chopper rims from Tight Customs

Zorro

I have no idea what these are worth. Here's what I do know...

They are made by Tight Customs (California-based company that no longer exists)

They've been sitting in their original boxes for a few years.

Retail price was $4600

I have no idea what size tires mount up to these....you'll see measurements in the images.

I'm looking for some opinions on size and price of these. And if you're interested, maybe we can work out a deal. They're sitting now and the owner wants them gone. They're located in Westerville.

Side view (front, rear, sprocket)

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-13-23_896.jpg

Diameter of rear wheel

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-14-04_16.jpg

Diameter of rear wheel

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-14-16_859.jpg

Diameter of front wheel

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-14-32_499.jpg

Width of rear wheel

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-14-52_727.jpg

Width of front wheel

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-15-07_227.jpg

Diameter of sprocket

Resampled_2012-06-19_19-15-19_870.jpg

Those will make a QSL bike night warrior very happy.

Quick google shows a comparable rear for 1700, and a comparable front for 1300 so 3K all-in. source Looks like your guy's not getting his money back on this one.

They look (at least in the crappy cellphone pics) like they've never been mounted, so you might be able to get a decent amount for them. Seeing as I don't play in the ZOMG SHINY CUSTOM! world, I have no idea what kind of price is expected in the secondary market. I guess it comes down to how fast you want to move them... :)

Those will make a QSL bike night warrior very happy.

Quick google shows a comparable rear for 1700, and a comparable front for 1300 so 3K all-in. source Looks like your guy's not getting his money back on this one.

They look (at least in the crappy cellphone pics) like they've never been mounted, so you might be able to get a decent amount for them. Seeing as I don't play in the ZOMG SHINY CUSTOM! world, I have no idea what kind of price is expected in the secondary market. I guess it comes down to how fast you want to move them... :)

Thanks for your input. Maybe I'll haul them up to QSL and try to sell them one evening.

These rims were never mounted. They're in pristine condition.

I'm guessing 3k for them would be great...

I'm wondering if a tire mount and balance would be a good way to sell them faster. Less work for the buyer. What are your thoughts on that?

Jesus fuck...

Here I thought the Volk Racing RE-30 Flat Black 18x9 wheels on my STi were expensive at $1k a piece!

Seriously...what makes these so expensive?

They go on overpriced choppers. Never underestimated the buying power/lack of impulse control of someone whose's already willing to plunk down 25K+ on a "custom" chopper that gets ridden once a week for 5 miles.

Edited by Cheech

Thanks for your input. Maybe I'll haul them up to QSL and try to sell them one evening.

These rims were never mounted. They're in pristine condition.

I'm guessing 3k for them would be great...

I'm wondering if a tire mount and balance would be a good way to sell them faster. Less work for the buyer. What are your thoughts on that?

3K were new in box direct from manufacturer, with whatever warranty they offer. These are still used, even though they've never been mounted, and the maker is out of business. WILD guess, I'd start at $2750 and allow yourself to be browbeat down to $2500.

The tire mount/balance seems like a good job for Shop Dog Cycles, no? I'd definitely toss that in there.

3K were new in box direct from manufacturer, with whatever warranty they offer. These are still used, even though they've never been mounted, and the maker is out of business. WILD guess, I'd start at $2750 and allow yourself to be browbeat down to $2500.

The tire mount/balance seems like a good job for Shop Dog Cycles, no? I'd definitely toss that in there.

Maybe Shop Dog will chime in on this thread with some advice or info on these wheels.

id have to assume they are 1" axle

i see bearings installed already

front is a 3" wide wheel.

these front would fit pretty much any harley that can take that diameter wheel

rear would only fit a custom application that can handle that width/diameter

id say $2k on the set with no tires. $2700 - $3k with tires

now that all being said, that is not a very desirable wheel design/color anymore.. most guys are going away from that style of wheel and going to color matched, contrast cut.

here is the problem though. those may be a specific buyer. for style wise as well as fitment. the front is single sided brake/ in harley bolt pattern, rear wheel looks like harley bolt pattern. i only see the right side and there doesnt seem to be a rear brake rotor mount.

getting the front to fit requires only spacers.

getting the rear to work may require different hubs, and since the company isnt around anymore, that may be difficult to get, might be able to fit a different companies hub in there, but i wouldnt be able to tell you for sure.

honestly, ebaying them without tires is probably your best bet. wider audience.

but you can snag a custom wheel setup up now for 2k - 3k with rotors, matching pulley and what not.

thats my input lol

Thanks Hoblick. Much appreciated. I'm not sure of the chopper market...a link posted earlier showed all chrome wheels...from what i saw. If you have a customer looking for a wheel upgrade...feel free to mention these. The owner would like them gone asap...understanding they would not get close to purchase price.

Thanks Hoblick. Much appreciated. I'm not sure of the chopper market...a link posted earlier showed all chrome wheels...from what i saw. If you have a customer looking for a wheel upgrade...feel free to mention these. The owner would like them gone asap...understanding they would not get close to purchase price.

That site that I found was just random searching for custom chopper wheels. Hobby's perspective is infinitely better than mine on this. Hope everything works out for you!

That site that I found was just random searching for custom chopper wheels. Hobby's perspective is infinitely better than mine on this. Hope everything works out for you!

Understandable. I appreciate the opinions, I'm obviously clueless. :)