Pickup Truck Rental

Green Versys

I haven’t had any luck searching the internet. But does anyone know of any rental companies or dealers renting pickup trucks? Not the ones you can rent from Home Depot to bring supplies home, but one that can be used to take on a trip.

Particularly I would like to rent a Ford F150 Crew Cab with the EcoBoost engine. I’d like to take it on a trip towing my trailer to see how it does before buying one. –Thanks.

Uhaul has about everything BUT I highly doubt you'll find anyone with an EcoBoost simply because it's such an expensive vehicle, renting it wouldn't pay for itself like when they rent the baseline models etc.

I know a guy last season at Gratten rented a dope Dodge Cummins from Uhaul, for the same reason. It didn't have PW PL or any of that jazz, but had the Cummins, steel wheels, and baseline stuff just to get a feel. Dude was cool.

go to dealership, ask to test drive, hmm and haw, waffle on whether you want it or not, they will invite you to take it for the weekend, return on monday and say "nah, not quite what i needed"

^^This^^

When I first bought my new Tacoma, the dealer needed it back for a few days to do the paint protection and scotchguard the interior -- they gave me a new Tundra to drive in the meantime because I told them I HAD TO HAVE A TRUCK. That big V8 was one mean powerplant. I was letting everyone at work take it for a romp as we all took turns beating the brakes off that poor thing. :D

^^This^^

When I first bought my new Tacoma, the dealer needed it back for a few days to do the paint protection and scotchguard the interior -- they gave me a new Tundra to drive in the meantime because I told them I HAD TO HAVE A TRUCK. That big V8 was one mean powerplant. I was letting everyone at work take it for a romp as we all took turns beating the brakes off that poor thing. :D

Yep, do this.

Enterprise Avis ect. Hell they have Camero Vett and Stangs too

Yea, but they only rent "small" trucks that cannot tow my 8,000 lb. trailer.

Just buy the Crew Cab EcoBoost, you wont be sorry!

I'm sure, but I would really like to know what it's like to go without a truck payment for a while ;)

BTW, if anyone is on the market there is a dealer in Canfiled that does 25% off of sticker on all F150's in stock and thay usually have over 60. Everything from $25-$55k :eek:

go to dealership, ask to test drive, hmm and haw, waffle on whether you want it or not, they will invite you to take it for the weekend, return on monday and say "nah, not quite what i needed"

I've thought about this, but I really need it for a thousand miles of travel. So longer than a few days.

or pay to borrow someone's truck, rentals are expensive, they charge crazy prices for miles and such its a pain, i had to rent a few times before i bought my sanford&son s10

Everything I've heard/found is that trucks do not come with unlimited mileage, so that could add up quickly.

I could see paying someones truck payment for a month or so for 1-1/2 weeks of use.

Any Ecoboost owner takers?

I'm sure, but I would really like to know what it's like to go without a truck payment for a while ;)

BTW, if anyone is on the market there is a dealer in Canfiled that does 25% off of sticker on all F150's in stock and thay usually have over 60. Everything from $25-$55k :eek:

Damn Wish i new this before purchasing my F-150 about two months ago. :cry:

I just ordered a new ecoboost super crew fx4, can't wait to get it. :D

That dealer in Canfield is Fairway Ford. Yes, they do advertise rediculously low prices on their trucks, BUT, not everyone will qualify for the advertised price. There are some rebates out there that aren't available to everyone and another one requires a trade in. That was the gotcha for me. Sure, they were going to sell me their $50k F150 for $38k, but they wanted to rape me on my 2011 Explorer on trade ($30k).

The dealer I bought from (Coughlin Ford) sold me the truck at invoice, threw in $500 of his holdback, plus I get $4250 in rebates. The real deal closer was that he gave me $35k for my Explorer.

That's what i have and I really like it so far, plenty of power for towing and very nice interior set up. PLus the stock 375 horse power is nice, Looking at putting on the HeartThrob Exhaust, K&N intake then taking to Dyno Bryan for a tune. Been told you can get a little over 400 hp out of these with better fuel milage than i am getting now.

th_NewTruck002.jpgth_NewTruck008.jpg

I haven’t had any luck searching the internet. But does anyone know of any rental companies or dealers renting pickup trucks? Not the ones you can rent from Home Depot to bring supplies home, but one that can be used to take on a trip.

Particularly I would like to rent a Ford F150 Crew Cab with the EcoBoost engine. I’d like to take it on a trip towing my trailer to see how it does before buying one. –Thanks.

I know that Enterprise has ecoboost f150s in their fleet, but they won't let you tow with anything in their retail fleet. I will tell you though, I rented a 5.0 v8 crew cab XLT for a trip to VA and found it to be a fantastic ride. Hauled my bike (diagonally) with the tailgate closed, and accommodated my wife, kids, dog, and I very well while averaging 19+ MPG highway. If I were buying one, I'd buy an Eco-boost XLT with 4WD and the longer full-size bed. That extra foot or so in the bed makes a HUGE difference.

That dealer in Canfield is Fairway Ford. Yes, they do advertise rediculously low prices on their trucks, BUT, not everyone will qualify for the advertised price. There are some rebates out there that aren't available to everyone and another one requires a trade in. That was the gotcha for me. Sure, they were going to sell me their $50k F150 for $38k, but they wanted to rape me on my 2011 Explorer on trade ($30k).

I haven't been to the dealer, just viewed the website. I'm afraid to go there becasue I just may end up buying :rolleyes:

The dealer I bought from (Coughlin Ford) sold me the truck at invoice, threw in $500 of his holdback, plus I get $4250 in rebates. The real deal closer was that he gave me $35k for my Explorer.

Wow, you did good on the Explorer. I traded in my wives 2011 Limited with every option except tv's and rear buckets back in March and got $34k on a new Honda Odyssey. They sold me the Honda for $2.5k under invoice so I was happy.

I know I would be really happy with the Ecoboost for towing. That's why I won't visit the dealers!

I know that Enterprise has ecoboost f150s in their fleet, but they won't let you tow with anything in their retail fleet. I will tell you though, I rented a 5.0 v8 crew cab XLT for a trip to VA and found it to be a fantastic ride. Hauled my bike (diagonally) with the tailgate closed, and accommodated my wife, kids, dog, and I very well while averaging 19+ MPG highway. If I were buying one, I'd buy an Eco-boost XLT with 4WD and the longer full-size bed. That extra foot or so in the bed makes a HUGE difference.

I'll have to call Enterprise and see what they have. How would they know if you towed with it? Did it include unlimited mileage?

I'll have to call Enterprise and see what they have. How would they know if you towed with it? Did it include unlimited mileage?

Other than the fact that they don't order their trucks with trailer hitches, I suppose they wouldn't unless you gnarled up the bumper step with a hitch ball. And yeah, unlimited mileage on their retail rentals. You want to ask questions and get it documented if you get someone to deviate from their standard contract. If you do something with the truck that is specifically documented that you're not allowed to do (such as towing) and something happens, they are within their rights to cancel the contract and leave you holding a VERY large bag.