Midohio track day after the AMA race - Monday July 16th

jbot

Man, it was a beautiful day at M-O! No sign of rain and the track was awesome! It was HOT, but the M-O did a great job of keeping water available and there wasn't even that many crashes though the "I" group was meg packed! They had like 56 riders in I and 26 in A. They even bumped a few guys to A to clear the track some. For as crowded as it was, it really didn't seem to bad.

hey hey all it was a great friggen day today... INT was totally packed... tho honestly not as packed as a few other days i've been to...

I was having a good time working with my wife.. when Bam Bam tagged me on her to speed me back up.. after a few "hot" laps.. i got the .. your Going up sign lol we can back in and got the ol' time to move it to A lol. so i spent the rest of the day in A working with Pat and Matt and moved myself down a few seconds.. man it was fast lol..

Joe. I'm sorry i couldn't work with you more.. i know all to well and so does theresa the frustrations of a few track days.. i'm just really glad i could help what little i did...

i had some fun playing with Craig on the raped 03 CBR he was cough attempting to ride, met some new faces.. fun with the old ones.. i have a few vids.. if i dont pass out from the whole weekend.. i'll post it

Nice to meet some of you guys today!

Good to talk with you yesterday. Hope the hands came back to normal for you.

Yesterday was a freaking blast! A shit ton of red flags, but I guess with the heat and the crowd you'll have that. The fact that Craig was several seconds faster than me on a bike that looks like it is right out of Mad Max reinforces the fact that I have no ego. But it was great nonetheless. Brandon has the thinnest knee pucks I have ever seen, and again its proven that Jinu is not a morning person - at all. And its a shame. His face is so angelic when he first wakes up.

It was also great to place more faces with ORDN names. Twisted and the Mrs. are great folks, with fast bikes and nice truck to boot! It was great to finally meet you two.

i warned you!

haha that was my first time watching an AMA race in person, and it was fun. i wish i could see what was happening in the rest of the track, and watch replays, but it was still cool. i'll probably skim over the races i DVR'd.

the track time afterwards was also a good time. thanks to the murse and everyone else for helping out in the pits since i am slow and not good with warmers and stands.

thanks to the murse and everyone else for helping out in the pits since i am slow and not good with warmers and stands.

Oh shit, yeah! Thanks Murse for the hands with the stands! Good call, jbot.

what a day.. chain broke off coming out of pitlane onto the straight on the outlap of the 2nd A session.. Threw a new one on thanks to Brandon816 and got back out there and got my goal of going under 1:40 today! But then crashed out on the 6th session--1st lap after the red flag :( buttt atleast I got the first crash done and over with.. and thankfully the lowside :)

after.jpg

Glad your good to go, seemed an easy lowside for you but how bad is the bike?

And you are cookin' it in this vid! Some of your other youtube vids show your novice day in May this year and you're already hitting A class? How much have you spent on tracktime at MidO alone this year if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by Hellmutt

GOPR1922.jpg

:( lol .. 3 spots on my plastics that should be repairable.. Just need to find someone to help.. Rear set bracket needs replaced, subframe is bent, my clip on mayyy work, not sure yet, My throttle tube may work after I smooth it out--throttle cables are done for.. I believe thats it. Atleast my gopro still worked--and no scuffs on the helmet.. kept the slide on my ass/side and you can barely tell..

I rode one novice day last september in the pouring ass rain--thanks to Mike for sucking it up every session :D lol. I did one novice day this year to get upto speed and work on things in the dry.. Went upto Int for the next 4.. Felt confident and everyone said I looked smooth/predictable enough to move upto A.. today was my first day in A and it was a love/hate kind of day lol.. between my chain popping off my second session and getting into the 1:39's finally and then crashing.. ha

GOPR1922.jpg

:( lol .. 3 spots on my plastics that should be repairable.. Just need to find someone to help.. Rear set bracket needs replaced, subframe is bent, my clip on mayyy work, not sure yet, My throttle tube may work after I smooth it out--throttle cables are done for.. I believe thats it. Atleast my gopro still worked--and no scuffs on the helmet.. kept the slide on my ass/side and you can barely tell..

I rode one novice day last september in the pouring ass rain--thanks to Mike for sucking it up every session :D lol. I did one novice day this year to get upto speed and work on things in the dry.. Went upto Int for the next 4.. Felt confident and everyone said I looked smooth/predictable enough to move upto A.. today was my first day in A and it was a love/hate kind of day lol.. between my chain popping off my second session and getting into the 1:39's finally and then crashing.. ha

Not sure how fast others moved up, but it seems you made the transition from dirt to street very quickly. Appears trackday instruction has shown you the right way, right away.

I grew up on dirtbikes and didnt do too badly even though I sucked at racing them ( tried Kenworthys MX late 80's ), but havent been taught properly on sportbikes so it is a priority for me.

Hope you get the bike sorted quick to get you back out on 2 wheels!

Not sure how fast others moved up, but it seems you made the transition from dirt to street very quickly. Appears trackday instruction has shown you the right way, right away.

I grew up on dirtbikes and didnt do too badly even though I sucked at racing them ( tried Kenworthys MX late 80's ), but havent been taught properly on sportbikes so it is a priority for me.

Hope you get the bike sorted quick to get you back out on 2 wheels!

Can't say I was that great with motocross.. was definitely back of the pack in B class lol.. Just had a lot of fun with it..

here's another vid-session 6 of A before the red flag flew..

http://youtu.be/NqvuIm4f7Ak