Midohio track day after the AMA race - Monday July 16th

jbot

My shit will site in the garage. There ain't no way in hell I'll be riding that place in the wet.

Been there, done that at Mid OH. Sucked very much badly. On the RC no less! :eek: T'was like a bull on ice skates. but since I have the day off and looks like i'll have tires for the wekeend, I would shake down the new gixxer at Nelson if Mid OH is wet.

I have the day off too and I want to RIDE......just not in the wet. I would happily journey to another track to ride.

I've only been to Mid-Ohio though. Doesn't Nelsonville have coaches, groups, etc?

I have the day off too and I want to RIDE......just not in the wet. I would happily journey to another track to ride.

I've only been to Mid-Ohio though. Doesn't Nelsonville have coaches, groups, etc?

midohio is a pretty special place to ride at. i would do midohio if possible (only because i've done a bunch of days at nelson already this year). however, it gets a little bit TOO special when it's wet.

the motoseries instructional/novice group sessions at nelson that same day is structured pretty similarly to the midohio and STT novice groups. class rooms, leader led riding sessions, etc etc etc. the tech requirements are also pretty similar.

so, looking at forecasts:

midohio: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Mansfield&state=OH&site=CLE&lat=40.7628&lon=-82.5269

nelson: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Garrettsville&state=OH&site=CLE&lat=41.2839&lon=-81.0954

as of 1:30pm today, monday forecast shows 30% chance for rain at midohio, and clear day for nelson.

what do you guys think? i'm going to wait as long as I can, personally.

Looks like Monday at Mid OH is improving.

I didn't see anything different in the forecast between Garretsville and Lexington. Both were showing isolate t-storms with 30% chance of rain.

I am looking at Mansfield right now and it says Monday partly Sunny with a high of 86. Clear your browser cache, nerd!

Someone had posted about getting a free golf if you are handicapped with a placard. Just called mid ohio, they referred me to the golf cart company, this is what they said.

"LOL. No, that is not correct. $100 the first day and $75 each day after. No discounts. No nothing".

Not a free golf cart, but you do get a free golf cart "wrist band" or whatever they are calling it if you present your handicap tag. This makes your golf cart "legal" while on the grounds at Mid-ohio. I was with a friend at the "will call" office when he got his golf cart wristband / sticker at the beginning of the year.

Maybe the office person at mid ohio made a mistake?

Just checked my email and this was in there.....

ENROLL NOW! At Mid-Ohio this weekend for the AMA Pro Racing action? Go to The Mid-Ohio School Booth or the Call Center at Gate 2 for 15% off the July 16-17 dates!

Also: If you're coming to the Buckeye SuperBike Weekend and enroll in Monday's Standard Day, you can camp Sunday night! Call us at 877-793-8667 or click the button at right to enroll now!

So much for the 10% off I posted before and not camping the night before.

Just checked my email and this was in there.....

ENROLL NOW! At Mid-Ohio this weekend for the AMA Pro Racing action? Go to The Mid-Ohio School Booth or the Call Center at Gate 2 for 15% off the July 16-17 dates!

Also: If you're coming to the Buckeye SuperBike Weekend and enroll in Monday's Standard Day, you can camp Sunday night! Call us at 877-793-8667 or click the button at right to enroll now!

So much for the 10% off I posted before and not camping the night before.

The weather is clearing up and the cost is dropping a tad. Looks like we'll be in Mansfield come Monday.