1997 Seadoo XP

Gump

I honestly don't remember exactly what the issue was but it sounds a little worse. We could run them pretty well but once you started getting up in the RPMS or WOT it would start to bog then lose power a bit. A real pain in the ass when I was pulling someone on a tube

I'll text him and see what the issue was and see if its similar. It happened on the GTX for sure but can't recall if the GST was effected. Both are 97 or 98

I like. Always wanted to try one. Hum

Buy it! have had many hours of fun with mine on Buckeye Lake and used to take out every weekend till i purchased my boat... Of course mine was a YAMAHA so didnt have any problems! ;)

Buy it! have had many hours of fun with mine on Buckeye Lake and used to take out every weekend till i purchased my boat... Of course mine was a YAMAHA so didnt have any problems! ;)

I should just come ride yours then since you're always on the boat

This one's cursed, just sayin...Greatest hull design and funnest Jetski I have ever ridden, is the only reason I've spent so much money on getting it back together years ago.They still use this hull for racing I believe. My Yamaha is like a big bulky Cadillac and even 10mph faster but this XP is like a Motorcross bike. And i've ridden several others including supercharged models and I'd still rather have this one but so exhausted of working on it. The motor is in the front on this model. Agile jumping machine.

So far the suggestions from some helpful Craigslist peeps have been, very small crack in the bottom of the block, exhaust hose collapsing on it's self when hot, and exhaust having rust holes in it?. I might check out the exhaust hose collapsing on itself. Whatever it's problem is, it's heat related. Runs perfect for the first 5 minutes or so then just waaaaaa, when you hit the gas, but idles fine. Kinda like when your trying to start something and it's not starting and you open the throttle and it sounds different, except this is running. You'd think fuel but I rebuilt the carbs and the accelerator pump is squirting in fuel when I hit the gas so it's not fuel. Then the longer you shut it down, the longer it will run correctly. This is in minutes though.You can't find computers for them anymore and if you do they are used and $600 bucks, if that would be it. If not, it could be parted out for at least that. If you talk to jetski peeps the XP's 97 thru 2004 are problematic. Kinda like Ducati's but when they run, Very worth it.

I'm sticking with Yamaha's if I get another. Although I had to rebuild the top end with a re-chromed jug, install a D plate in the exhaust, get O2 chip, pump block off kit, and remove the $1000 catalytic converter so it would run premix on my 1200XL all because of a stupid oil injection hose falling off because Yamaha used cheap zip ties to hold the hose on.

Edited by Gump

I've tried every other form of motorized fun except a jet ski. Deff on my list

This!^^^^

Can't believe I still havent done it yet. Would love to have this, but I don't need another project. I need a "turn key and it works".

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Are the fuel lines old? I had this problem with my boat. Old fuel lines were collapsing on WOT. Buddy is having the exact same problem you are with his GSX.

It does have the old grey lines everyone says to replace in it still but that's not it, I've had it at the lake and can see the accelerator pump squirting fuel in the carbs when it hit the gas. It does't start to go then stop it just don't go when you hit the gas. The pump is a plus to this model as you need no choke or primer when it's cold. Some Joe had not fixed the pump when I got it and tuned the carb to run without them but then the aftermarket primer systems are junk and quit so it worked out ok.

Edited by Gump