Industrial accidents.

speedytriple

So with the heat over the last few weeks has anyone else had a spike in accidents like my work? In the last three weeks we have had a finger almost get smashed off in a crane hook accident. Then last week we had a guy loose his footing and blow out his knee. And the worst was a few days ago a guy hit a cushman cart with a 7000# tank on the front of a huge towmotor. I have never drank so much water as the last two weeks from this heat. I think the guys are just hot and not paying attention.

If you don't stay hydrated, you get disoriented, distracted, and non-responsive.

Early part of heat prostration. Yeah, accidents will happen.

edit: oh, and tired. I get really exhausted when dehydrated. Water will fix it.

They put up these funny little urine color charts by the toilets at work to see if the color of your piss shows you are dehydrated. It has been hot, and we are woring lots of 12 hr shift on top of that. Guys are getting worn down, thats for sure. I had a heat headache all last week.

we have had a few incidents the biggest was actually a driver but our warehouse has had sme stupid minor stuff happen because people are not paying attention. Nce thng is my job supplies us with gatorade so we stay hydrated a little easier.

so far so good from my guys in the field! They are used to working outside in the hot so this isn't much new to probably 75 or so of them. The other 30 are noobs but listen to direction well so they are staying out of trouble. Hopefully this continues as I don't need the paperwork right now

I think we've been alright here, but it's about 10deg hotter in the assembly/manufacturing area than it is in my lab. In any case, I'm trying to be careful and chugging water as usual.

You should also get some electrolytes and shit. It's what crops crave.

thumbnail.aspx?q=4742366079025290&id=db7de57d20f4bc65a6fbc3c248544d0e

I think we've been alright here, but it's about 10deg hotter in the assembly/manufacturing area than it is in my lab.

I consider myself quite fortunate, my office is a sweltering 70 degrees, the plant floor is well over 100..