Macbook Disaster

Lilbit

I feel your pain. At six, they thought it was special to be allowed to use my stuff and treated as such. Now as a teen, and almost teen, they just use it like it's a disposable piece of crap toy. My daughter thinks just because her two year contract is up on her first phone she should get upgraded to a smart phone and keeps asking for an iphone. That little pos phone she has now works just fine as far as I'm concerned. ;)

you could probably get a android phone from cricket for the price of a normal phone from everywhere else. (the plan price) my unlmited everything plan is $58.58 a month.

they even have iphones now. http://www.mycricket.com/

Only time I ever spilled a drink of my laptop (Dell Inspiron) I had to disassemble it down to every individual component and clean everything up part by part. Took me 2 hours - and I used to build & repair Dell laptops for a living.

Even stupid things like sugar gumming up the closing latches will plague you for weeks if you don't fix it correctly.

1) As soon as the liquid hits the keyboard - TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN!

2) Unplug the power cord and power it off as quickly as you can.

3) Take out the battery (If you are using a properly-designed laptop) and any removable devices

4) If you haven't already, set a towel under it to soak up any liquid dripping off the keyboard (Still upside down!)

5) Remove any components you can get at from the back. HD, memory, wireless minicard etc.

6) Once all the dripping liquid is soaked up, turn the laptop face-up again and take the case apart. Remove all components, cleaning each one with isopropyl alcoholt o remove any sugary residue.

7) Continue cleaning all components until you get to the motherboard. Remove the motherboard and clean both sides, then clean the case. Pay attention to any mechanicals like the pcmcia slots and lid latch.

8) Once you have removed all trace of the drink (and the sugar especially) then reassemble everything.

Good luck.

I feel your pain. At six, they thought it was special to be allowed to use my stuff and treated as such. Now as a teen, and almost teen, they just use it like it's a disposable piece of crap toy. My daughter thinks just because her two year contract is up on her first phone she should get upgraded to a smart phone and keeps asking for an iphone. That little pos phone she has now works just fine as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I did not allow my son to have a cellphone until there was an issue with the school bus being almost two hours late and i purchashed him a prepaid phone. Probably a bit different frim your situation because he was only eight years old at the time. I sometimes feel that all video games, computers, and cellphones should be destroyed to protect our children from turning into a bunch of zombies.

I did not allow my son to have a cellphone until there was an issue with the school bus being almost two hours late and i purchashed him a prepaid phone. Probably a bit different frim your situation because he was only eight years old at the time. I sometimes feel that all video games, computers, and cellphones should be destroyed to protect our children from turning into a bunch of zombies.

I bought a prepaid phone for my 7yo to have with him at summer camp. He knew to call me only if there was an absolute emergency and nobody at camp could help him. A couple of weeks later he butt-dialled me and when he didn't talk to me and I heard kids screaming I called the main number for the camp.

Well nothing untoward was going on, and the camp director confiscated my son's phone until I picked him up.

Any suggestions?

yea, don't pour koolaid on your electronic devices. and i surely hope you did NOT let your kid drink the koolaid after it filtered through the macbook....who knows what kind of dust and debris it came in contact with inside of the macbook case...letting your kid drink that afterwards would surely be a violation that the health department would have to investigate, and potentially CPS too :eek:...goodluck fixing you gaybook

• Upvote 1

Go figure on the timing. Daughter who has been crying for an iphone accidentally dropped her ipod touch in the toilet last night. Now she needs a new ipod, and gee, a new iphone is about the same price....:rolleyes:

She is going to be one disappointed kid for the rest of the summer.....;)

Go figure on the timing. Daughter who has been crying for an iphone accidentally dropped her ipod touch in the toilet last night. Now she needs a new ipod, and gee, a new iphone is about the same price....:rolleyes:

Eh she tried at least to get a two-fer

What the heck was she doing with an ipod in the bathroom? Is it necessary to twitter and facebook about bodily functions? Just kidding, back in the day kids brought their boom box in the bathroom to listen to music while getting ready for a night out. Times have changed, can't drop a boom box in the sink or toilet. All I can say is my son will pay for the repairs. I want him to grow up and know that a "good life" is just not handed to him

Oh she accidentally* dropped it in the toilet, huh?

That's unfortunate. Maybe the time she spends saving up for a replacement will allow her the opportunity to reflect on how she can be more careful in the future.

* = Intentionally, and with malice aforethought

she has the cash saved from babysitting to either replace the ipod (which seems to have recovered from it's bath) our buy her own iphone. . the issue is the $30/mo it adds to the bill. I'll give her credit. she looked at our current plan and compared it to the new ones and realized if she can convince the wife to upgrade to a smartphone, the difference for a second smartphone on the new plan is only $10 more than adding one to or current plan. she might be able to work her way in to an upgrade that way for only $10 a month. sneaky.

she has the cash saved from babysitting to either replace the ipod (which seems to have recovered from it's bath) our buy her own iphone. . the issue is the $30/mo it adds to the bill. I'll give her credit. she looked at our current plan and compared it to the new ones and realized if she can convince the wife to upgrade to a smartphone, the difference for a second smartphone on the new plan is only $10 more than adding one to or current plan. she might be able to work her way in to an upgrade that way for only $10 a month. sneaky.

So that works, huh? Hmmm....

"MOM! I dropped my Geo Metro in the toilet, can I have a BMW?" ;)

• Upvote 1

Another issue to think about is are you ok with her having access to the internet whenever she wants. Does she have internet with the dumbphone? Is your wife ok with having a dumbphone? Kids are sneaky, good play on her part but I wouldn't give in. Convince her to save her money for college. Even if you have a plan in place to pay for college she WILL need extra money.

Another issue to think about is are you ok with her having access to the internet whenever she wants. Does she have internet with the dumbphone? Is your wife ok with having a dumbphone? Kids are sneaky, good play on her part but I wouldn't give in. Convince her to save her money for college. Even if you have a plan in place to pay for college she WILL need extra money.

she has access via wifi with her ipod already, and is fine with the agreement that cellular data would be turned off and she would have to use an iphone the same way. wife is wishy washy on if she wants a smart phone or is fine with her current one. that's what the daughter is working on, convincing her she wants one so she can get one for only $10 more a month.

and college? who sets such lofty goals these days? I'm just hoping she can get a job at a club that doesn't go full nude or supply happy endings.......:dunno:

• Upvote 3

Doesn't AT&T require data plan for iphone. Buddy of mine tried to drop the data plan and just use wifi on his iphone 3 and they told him no.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I know verizon does. That's why even with the cheapest data package it adds $30/mo per smartphone to our current plan. I looked in to doing that when she first brought it up. :mad:

...and college? who sets such lofty goals these days? I'm just hoping she can get a job at a club that doesn't go full nude or supply happy endings.......:dunno:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+rep.

I'd rep 2x but can't.