New PC

Scruit

Got tired of my 3yo entry-level $250 PC and ordered a new one. I've been doing HD video editing recently and the old girl just wasn't keeping up.

New one is a Dell XPS 8500 i7 4Ghz, 16GB ram, 2TB/32Gb SATA/SSD and Blueray burner. I'll add 3 more hard drives to it when it arrives.

This thing should go faster a teenager losing his virginity to Megan Fox :bow:

m4 512s are dropping to the mid 300s if you are looking to upgrade your primary drive and use the 2tb for backup.

That will depend on if i get an install CD of W7 Ultimate. If I do then I'll put W7 on a true SSD, else I'll leave it where it is.

Too many PC makers these days send you a preinstalled Windows but you cannot reinstall it yourself - you can only restore back to factory settings. Give me a damn disk! I don't want 2TB in one partition!

That will depend on if i get an install CD of W7 Ultimate. If I do then I'll put W7 on a true SSD, else I'll leave it where it is.

Too many PC makers these days send you a preinstalled Windows but you cannot reinstall it yourself - you can only restore back to factory settings. Give me a damn disk! I don't want 2TB in one partition!

You've got PM.

Thanks jp.

Iwas just looking to see if Dell will give me a DVD to reinstall W7 the way I like it and I found a Dell Community post that shows how to get hold of the ISO and product keys. I'll see if that helps, otherwise I'll be begging for your help... :D